SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody else a fan of "Click and Clack" of "Car Talk"?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody else a fan of "Click and Clack" of "Car Talk"? Login/Join 
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
That was a great show.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Classic and great fun.... then again sometimes I really wanted to call in and tell them they were wrong about something....

this is an idea I got from their show... below is a picture of some friends of mine at a shotgun range in Florida... back when we were radicals:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Looks like I missed out, I know who they are but never really listened to them.
No clue where or when they were ever on.
AND I am a car guy too.
My bad. Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

good radio

When I was working almost every saturday

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I listened for years, the station finally stopped airing the show after the passing of Tom. They were replaced by a show called Car Talk out of Bowie Maryland where the host owned a shop.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Looks like I missed out, I know who they are but never really listened to them.
No clue where or when they were ever on.
AND I am a car guy too.
My bad. Frown

If you have a phone or a computer, you can listen to their podcasts...I highly suggest it.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Tom died November of 2014. He had been deteriorating for a while before that. They had stopped making new shows around September 2012.

The show is still being produced — with previously unused segments from the old days edited into podcasts, with Ray doing the intros. I think these re-edited podcast versions will stop soon... and I suspect some segments actually broadcast in some of the old shows have been plugged in to keep them going this long. You can tell that some portions are awfully old because they talk about carburetors, stick shifts, Oldsmobiles and Saabs and Saturns, and other things from yesteryear.

I can remember listening to them as far back as the mid 1990’s. They were funny, smart, modest, and very human (in the best sense). I have over 600 of their shows in podcast format in my computer... I plan to listen to them all when I get to the assisted living home and can’t go to the range anymore.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I've been listening to their podcasts and what strikes me anew is that their stream of banter is completely good-humoured, light-hearted. They are never mean, cutting, mocking, bitter. They never inject politics, religion, or anything that is likely to ruin the good fun.

The word that really applies is one we never use anymore, maybe because it has become so rare: mirth. Their show was mirthful. Whether or not they figured out what was wrong with the car, you could be sure that Tom, Ray, the caller and everybody listening would get a good laugh out of it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post