SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What have I said 10,000 times about the use of Classifieds in this forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have I said 10,000 times about the use of Classifieds in this forum? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good post, now if I post something there, I will not be making any of those mistakes.

My wife says one of my many faults is reading directions last instead of first.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If you are not involved in the buying or selling of the item listed in the Classifieds thread, do not post in the thread.

If you need to take a shit, do so somewhere else, not in someone's WTS thread.

Be honest and clear in your dealings in the Classifieds.

"I'll take it" trumps back-end emails or other communications.

Classifieds is where items are bought and sold, trying to "sell" an item in other SIGforum areas , or "buying" in other SIGforum areas is a no-no.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm not exactly sure what this one is about but I'm sure it's part of the weeding out process.
If I see something here I might want, I look at the registration date and number of posts.
The honor system seems to work well here because those that aren't don't last very long.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"I'll take it" trumps back-end emails or other communications.

Clarification: "I'll take it" posted publicly, to the sale thread.

As an aside: I found a reasonable LGS to handle the FFL->FFL transfers on my end. So I'll probably finally be dipping my toe in the selling waters before too much longer.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't eat the yellow snow? Hahahaha, J/K.
I have sold quite a few pistols here but I always followed the rules. Pretty straightforward if you read the stickies.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
And no "last chance or it's going on gunbroker" temper-tantrums?

I believe this is the most recent warning.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
And no "last chance or it's going on gunbroker" temper-tantrums?

I believe this is the most recent warning.

Or, "back in the safe it goes".

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Better than 75% of my administrative time in this forum is dealing with bullshit in Classifieds from people who don't give a shit about this forum.

I'll tell you something else, gents, and you can take it as an idle threat if you wish, but I'm considering shutting down Classifieds for anywhere between 30 and 90 days. I am sick and tired of dealing with clueless people who are here simply to use us.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107592 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Require a $1 donation to something to post in the classifieds?

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This isn't about money.

Posts: 107592 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Better than 75% of my administrative time in this forum is dealing with bullshit in Classifieds from people who don't give a shit about this forum.

I'll tell you something else, gents, and you can take it as an idle threat if you wish, but I'm considering shutting down Classifieds for anywhere between 30 and 90 days. I am sick and tired of dealing with clueless people who are here simply to use us.

I thank you for putting up with the BS. I just made my first ever purchase from the classifieds, from a way above the board member (as I am sure is the case with vast, vast majority here). Picking it up tomorrow, I expect to receive exactly what was described to me. Confidence rate 100%.

Thanks again.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:

Anyone who has been here any length of time will know there are no idle threats!

When "The Eagle has Landed", there's usually just a grease spot. Cool

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Follow the rules. Do not make more work for the mods.

Para, I know you've mentioned before the classifieds could go away. With all you do to run this place, thank you for keeping the classifieds for as long as you have.

It is kind for you to keep doing something that helps us but doesn't help you, even though it brings you consistent trouble.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do not threaten to send your valuable to GB or other auction sights.

Payment should be received in 7 days
likewise merchandise should be received within 7 days of receipt of funds.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Don't let your first post be in the classified section Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you are not involved in the buying or selling of the item listed in the Classifieds thread, do not post in the thread.

So I just certainly broke that rule: HERE

This guy is the epitome of what you are referring to, Para.

Is it possible to restrict the classifieds section to active members in some fashion?

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Require a $1 donation to something to post in the classifieds?

quote:
This isn't about money.

I think the idea is more so you know who the guy is who is selling stuff. If he has to send you a dollar, you would know who he is, which would, at least in theory, keep out some riff-raff.

But it also adds to the admin duties for you in the classifieds section...

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Don't think this one has been mentioned: When you post an ad monitor it frequently and respond in a timely manner.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amsmith281:
quote:

So I just certainly broke that rule: HERE

This guy is the epitome of what you are referring to, Para.

Is it possible to restrict the classifieds section to active members in some fashion?

I love their retail plus pricing model for used merchandise... VM2 above retail, RC Phantom in 'like new' condition, ie kydex scratched to shit, for full retail. They're doing us a favor after all, right?

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para for this privilege! You are greatly appreciated here!! Thanks for making this family possible!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post