SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What were your earliest software packages?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What were your earliest software packages? Login/Join 
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I had Trash80s and commodore pets. My favorite was a 286. With the black screen and green characters. Storage was 5.5” floppy. If I was in a document and needed to scroll down the page I could hit the down arrow, go get a cup of coffee, and be back before it was done moving the lines of text one by one. When my department upgraded to 386, life was good as it shuffled the page almost immediately. Hallelujah!

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
one of my own earliest programs to install was something called "DOS 2.0"

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the brand but the processor was an 8088. I used Dos, Wordperfect and Lotus 123.I can still hear the sound of that dot matrix printer.

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post