SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sen. Ted Cruz: Mike Lee is the best choice for the Supreme Court
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sen. Ted Cruz: Mike Lee is the best choice for the Supreme Court Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Lee, and to a larger extent Cruz, are seasoned public whore politicians who happened to have conservative values. I do not want to see public whore politicians in the court. I want them to be quiet, unassuming citizens, not political animals.

And yes, Mike Lee can go jump into a lake. Being a conservative Republican and anti-Trump shows extremely poor judgement.

Hopefully before he jumps in the lake, he will hang around long enough to vote to confirm the nominee, extremely poor judgment or not.

There is no point in getting knickers in wads over this. There is zero chance that Lee will be the nominee. Trump called him, not to interview him, but to get his extremely poor judgment on who might be the candidate most likely to be confirmed.

Between now and Monday evening, there will be increasingly hysterical articles praising and denouncing every possible choice. Once the nominee is announced, all those others will be forgotten and all efforts will be devoted to rummaging the choice, or praising it, or both, depending.

Just the other day, I ran across an article enthusiastically berating Judge Amy Coney Barrett over voting to ok a company discriminating against an employee by moving the minorities to one store. How could she?

Well, it turns out she was not on the panel when the case was heard, not even on the court, merely voting on whether to hold en banc hearing, hardly on the merits.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If all of us had listened to the Goddamned "experts", we'd have Hillary Clinton as POTUS right now. I'll continue to trust my eyes and ears and my own judgement, thank you.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Don't worry no "Lees" will be the pick.
Not the Lee Brothers or the Lee sisters

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post