SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spent this beautiful Fall day on firewood
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spent this beautiful Fall day on firewood Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
My buddy and I have been splitting the sugar maple and oak we cut and hauled to his land the last few months. It will season and be great for the 2021/22 winter. Time to spend more time in the woods now pursuing deer. Smile

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
My buddy and I have been splitting the sugar maple and oak we cut and hauled to his land the last few months....

That's a nice lot of wood there chbibc! I just came across a large (16" or so diameter) cherry tree that broke off about 5' up and is laying on another tree thankfully almost horizontal so easy to deal with.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7084 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
That's a nice lot of wood there chbibc! I just came across a large (16" or so diameter) cherry tree that broke off about 5' up and is laying on another tree thankfully almost horizontal so easy to deal with.

Thanks! We usually have more than we will need, so I end up giving several truck loads to a few elderly neighbors.

I love burning cherry, sounds like you've got some great stuff coming! It's not the hardest of hardwoods, but I think it smells the best burning and has the prettiest flame (purplish reddish orange). Also great for the smoker. Enjoy!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post