SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you only had around $50 for a watch...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you only had around $50 for a watch... Login/Join 
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Casio is really the Glock of the watch world. You can get a solar, atomic sync G-Shock for about $60 that is bullet proof. Here are some nice Casio analogs from Amazon for $50ish.

$36

$51

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the Casio Duro from Amazon myself. I got the black face model. Its a little large faced for my wrist, but I purchased it with the sole intent of wearing over my wetsuit when diving. Ive read almost all good reviews.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I have a Casio (black face) and love it, very durable. I matched it to a rustic leather band with off white stitching, and it looks pretty good.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few Timex watches in my drawer. I used to wear top end watches, but found they were no better at time keeping than the simple, dependable Timex. They also cost as much to clean and repair. If the battery in a Timex wears out, just replace the watch.

Here's one currently going for $32.99.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
One more at $59.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I like Timex watches!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:
One more at $59.
Can you elaborate on what model that is? Maybe post a link. I can't seem to find it and it looks interesting.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Duro, on a NATO strap. I wear it when I don't want to risk dinging my Seamaster. I consider it a homage watch.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I've got a Casio mudmaster. Like the watches ability to synch with the correct time daily, and a few of it's other features, but hate the rubber band. Just got the kit to convert it to a nato or elastic band.

I agree..Go Casio or Timex.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you elaborate on what model that is? Maybe post a link. I can't seem to find it and it looks interesting.

Agreed. I'd like to know more. Closest I can find is in the $300 range, but it's not exactly the same as the one posted. Looks like a really nice watch for $59.

Posts: 8526 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Duro you picked is the exact one I would've recommended to you, LOL. That watch is so popular, you can now by a replacement sapphire crystal for it if you ever need/want to.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:

Agreed. I'd like to know more. Closest I can find is in the $300 range, but it's not exactly the same as the one posted. Looks like a really nice watch for $59.

Here you go:

https://www.jomashop.com/orient-watch-fung2001b0.html

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:
Casio is really the Glock of the watch world. You can get a solar, atomic sync G-Shock for about $60 that is bullet proof. Here are some nice Casio analogs from Amazon for $50ish.
[IMG:https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/91lNuvBKuXL._AC_UL480_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg[/IMG]

Really liked the looks of that one but it led to finding the Honda Racing model and that led me to pinging David Truong Wink Than one is NOT $59 Big Grin

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Timex Expedition but I do have 4 or 5 of the Casios too.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've never really been a watch guy, but last year I saw a Bulova Surveyor that really caught my eye and now I think I might have the bug.

That Duro is really temping. It looks absolutely massive on some of the review pictures. I don't know if those guys have tiny wrists or what. I measured the diameter of my wrist and it's dead on at 8" and according to this chart, so I guess it should be alright. 44mm watch case on the Duro vs 39mm on my Surveyor and 40mm on my Expedition which is my daily wear, so it's not a helluva lot bigger.

https://www.govbergwatches.com.../09/Sizing-Guide.jpg

What do you guys think of Invicta? There's an automatic diver on Amazon marked down to $57 that's kind of tempting me, but the reviews aren't as good as the Casio. Looks pretty similar, but comes with a linked bracelet instead of the rubber band. Nevermind, I guess the sale was just yesterday, it's back to $84. Though, Jomashop has a bunch of different Invicta diver models on sale for right at $50.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

I measured the diameter of my wrist and it's dead on at 8"
WOW! Paul Bunyan?

8" diameter would mean over 25" circumference. You could use a belt instead of a watch band.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice catch. Smile

I saw "diameter" on the chart and the word stuck in my head.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the chart makes the same error.

That's what happens when schools no longer focus on the three Rs. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Got my Casio and NATO strap today:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

that's a hell of a value right there

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post