SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Water consumption - how much per day - (health related question)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Water consumption - how much per day - (health related question) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
every hospital gift shop sells these graduated
insulated mugs,
some also have insulated,graduated tumblers.

it helps .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Not to get on you, Mark, but "they" say when you're thirsty, it's too late. And coffee is a diuretic. ...
I don’t mind, friend. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
A lot of water if you count coffee.
I know that doesn't count tho. ...
But it does count. So does water contained in food. Water is water. I don’t trust these bogus, arbitrary recommendations. Show me research.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Not to get on you, Mark, but "they" say when you're thirsty, it's too late. And coffee is a diuretic. ...
I don’t mind, friend. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
A lot of water if you count coffee.
I know that doesn't count tho. ...
But it does count. So does water contained in food. Water is water. I don’t trust these bogus, arbitrary recommendations. Show me research.

If it counts, I'm very healthy then. I average about a pot to 2 pots of coffee a day depending.
I don't trust the recommendations either. I've never been a huge water only drinker.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Indeed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Indeed.

I believe these gents⬆️⬆️⬆️ are correct. Never bought into the X amount of water per day, I just drink when thirsty.
As seen here:

5 minute youtube on topic

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I keep a 64oz growler full of ice water which is consumed daily, sometimes with refills. This in addition to 24oz mug of morning coffee or the equivalent in espresso milk drinks. A few ounces of OJ with morning meds as well. During the day unsweetened iced sun tea, sparkling water, milk, or other beverages augmenting the iced water.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Drinking water has been an addiction for me for many years. And it really is a addiction. I can't go anywhere without my water bottle. I have turned the car around after driving a couple miles to go home and get it. I can't stand most of the bottle water you buy. We have a office water cooler in the house and buy spring water jugs from a distributor who is a friend of ours.

I rarely drink soda unless it's 7Up mixed with vodka. Drink one cup of coffee a day. Several glasses of milk usually and beer on weekends. I consume on average a gallon of water a day.

I pee a lot I surely do. I think the benefits to drinking a good amount of water are many. But if there are adverse side effects I haven't had any and it's too late now because I don't think I could kick the habit.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Drink water when you are thirsty. Then drink one more glass of water. Nothing more is needed for your health. All of this nonsense about hydration is just that. Nonsense.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
also need to consider what stuff the body is taking in,
like 300% of the salt that is required
or
the amount of caffeine or sugar

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A gallon a day. helps keep the blood pressure low.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I couldn't tell you. I have no idea. I drink when I'm thirsty and it's certainly not going to be the same amount every day. Just another thing people seem to obsess over.

When I die, you guys can say, man, that was one stubborn melon farmer. I haven't seen a doctor in four and a half years.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
A gallon a day. helps keep the blood pressure low.
Huh. I've been told to drink water when my BP IS low.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Drinking water has been an addiction for me for many years. And it really is a addiction. I can't go anywhere without my water bottle. I have turned the car around after driving a couple miles to go home and get it. ......

I pee a lot I surely do. I think the benefits to drinking a good amount of water are many. But if there are adverse side effects I haven't had any and it's too late now because I don't think I could kick the habit.

Same here.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
It depends a lot on the weather for me. I work in a factory which in the summertime is a sauna, and I sweat like a pig so a couple of gallons would be a good guess. In the winter not so much, maybe a gallon at most. I don't drink shit like pop, not any coffee in a long time. A little milk, orange juice and on the weekends quite a bit of beer.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I don't keep track either. But I do know I drink about half the water as the wife does.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I frequently wonder just how we all survived in decades ago before everyone (except me) carries around one or more bottles of water. It is as if folks are terrified that they will die of thirst if they don't have bottles of water with them at all times. Sheesh!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't carry around a water bottle, but probably drink 64+ oz of water per day plus other beverages.

I kick-start my morning with a 16oz glass of water and have that along with my coffee. Have more throughout the day.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
water makes me pee. So I don't drink a lot of it.

I'm 64 +16 drinking only a little water plus an apple after dinner.
Helps keep sleep to one or often no middle of the night interruptions.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post