SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I had a conversation with congressman Eric Swalwell today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I had a conversation with congressman Eric Swalwell today Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
I was doing my grocery shopping and waiting for my deli meat to be cut when Congressman Swalwell walked up.

It was a cordial conversation and we discussed several topics.

I started off by thanking him for my White House, Capital Building and Library of congress tours that his office set up for me a few years back.

We discussed my support for President Trump and his lack of respect for our POTUS.

Then Gun Control. His father like mine was a Alameda County Deputy sheriff. I asked him what went wrong with him and why he became a partisan Dem. He laughed that one off.

Then Immigration.

Then the absurdity of the Russia crap.

He asked me what I thought about all the crazy stuff going on in Washington. I told him it is embarrassing and disgusting watching all the politics playing out and that I feel that the politicians are not there to improve the lives of Americans. I stated that as I see it you just want to hold on to the power and money for personal gain. I told him that he and the Democrats never compromise and play a zero sum game. He said zero sum game before I could get it out of my mouth.

I finished by telling him that he was my representative and that he needs to remember that he represents all of us in his district. I don't think it will do any good but I know I felt good about expressing my views to my Congressman one on one and face to face.

I did get under his skin when I told him he was sounding more like Maxine Watters and Nancy Pelosi ever since Trump got elected. He squirmed when I rolled that out and denied it.

All I can do out here in CA is keep fighting the good fight. Today was a good day for me.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3472 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice job. If these Yahoos heard the truth often enough for long enough a few might get the idea they are way off in la la land.

Not likely, but I can hope.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Oh how I would have like to be a fly on the wall for that conversation. Cool Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I really don't like that guy. I see him on TV more and more, and he just comes off as so smug and weasel like.

The fact that he's a supreme partisan Democrat of course may have affected my perception.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30400 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
good for you

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I recently had a slightly different conversation. My Rep in Congress is Val Demmings, yet another female Dem moron. I happened to attend a local meeting with her husband, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demmings. Spoiler alert, Sheriff Demmings and I have never gotten along well. Might be the fact he is little different than the filth his officers arrest every weekend. Anyway, he offered up a dig right off the bat by asking how I liked my current representative in Congress. I responded as usual, "Ya ever find her stolen Glock yet? Then again, would you actually tell me or anyone else if you did? As to her being in Washington, I hope she enjoys herself for now, because she won't be there long." Interestingly enough, the conversation ended at that point.

There is no point in attempting to reason or be civil with these morons. They simply need to be targeted and voted out of office ASAP. That might be hard in Whackyland, but it shouldn't be here in Central Florida.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I really don't like that guy. I see him on TV more and more, and he just comes off as so smug and weasel like.

The fact that he's a supreme partisan Democrat of course may have affected my perception.

I did tamp it down a bit face to face, but yes he's turning into a dirt ball slime bag partisan hack.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3472 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Nice ballsy conversation. Points for you, commiefornia, and us.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8655 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Obama first got into office, the republicans would not work with him and little was accomplished. At the next election, numerous Republicans were voted out of office as many viewed them as obstructionists.

Right now it is the Dems who are being obstructionists. I believe most Americans despise our uni-party and that is why Trump did so well despite everything thrown at him. There is a reasonable chance at the next elections and numerous Dems will lose out to Republicans. If so, I suspect after the next election the Democratic party will either change with new leadership, or continue to ship out. Most likely the Dems will continue on their death spiral, and the progressives are so entrenched.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
When Obama first got into office, the republicans would not work with him and little was accomplished. At the next election, numerous Republicans were voted out of office as many viewed them as obstructionists.

Right now it is the Dems who are being obstructionists. I believe most Americans despise our uni-party and that is why Trump did so well despite everything thrown at him. There is a reasonable chance at the next elections and numerous Dems will lose out to Republicans. If so, I suspect after the next election the Democratic party will either change with new leadership, or continue to ship out. Most likely the Dems will continue on their death spiral, and the progressives are so entrenched.

This was part of the discussion too. I told him it was a shame that congress is so partisan that the last two Presidents have to work through executive orders because of congress partisanship.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think it will do any good

Nope, but nice try.
You can't really expect much especially out there.

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Nice job,me talking to mine would be like a lug wrench to my own head,david scott is mine ,I need a bigger lug wrench Frown

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
. . .There is a reasonable chance at the next elections and numerous Dems will lose out to Republicans. If so, I suspect after the next election the Democratic party will either change with new leadership, or continue to ship out. Most likely the Dems will continue on their death spiral, and the progressives are so entrenched.

God in heaven, I hope you're right!

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Good.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That commie was at the rodeo parade yesterday. Now he has new wife #2 and their new oops baby. At least he did the honorable thing and married her. But he gets to use them for his campaign photo ops now. He should move back to Iowa. Pete Stark his predecessor was a genuine asshole. This guy, He's just a smug punk.

Posts: 4752 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
He's a complete, tin foil-hatted, whack job.

I admire you for looking him in the eye and telling him the truth about himself.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
and waiting for my deli meat to be cut

Please tell me he wasn't there buying processed meat. I thought that was a crime in northern Cal.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
Pretty much all career politicians. Rope...tree...

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did get under his skin when I told him he was sounding more like Maxine Watters and Nancy Pelosi ever since Trump got elected. He squirmed when I rolled that out and denied it.

Nice knife in his ribs.... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Nice knife in his ribs.... Wink

Thanks... That line was fun to say to him.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat