SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got some bad news today from my doc. Hopefully NO Part 2.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got some bad news today from my doc. Hopefully NO Part 2. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you!! You have it under control, your odds are great---kick it's ass!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will be in my prayers. Very best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Posts: 1034 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lakeray:
If you feel like crying, cry. It can help. I went thru thyroid cancer 16 years ago, you'll be fine. And as always on this great Forum, All our thoughts and prayers go out to you...

Ray

3 minutes for a SF brother who's been through it to be there for ya. God I love this place.

Hang in there my friend. Maintain your faith and keep up the conversation with God and us.

Posts: 11337 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers for you. Hang tough.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10892 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1155 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’d be scared, too. Your family is there to physically touch and hold you. Let them in on this fear, and let them help carry the burden of fear. Together they will help you face this head-on. And we are always here for the worst late night wake up thoughts.
ETA: I see the original post was 2018.
My prayers for you and yours, and to Strider41.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5269 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You can beat this Ador. Prayers offered.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers sent...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I have a friend that was diagnosed with thyroid cancer more than 15 years ago. He's had some hard times, but is still with us.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10184 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers my SF friends. I did the second scan this morning. And now I wait. I am praying that the result would be negative. When I was diagnosed in 2018 with Thyroid Cancer, I was told by the surgeon that this type of cancer have a high survival rate, which I believe. My fear and concern is that the cancer cell “might” show up somewhere else. That is what I am in fear of. I am doing what I can to be on the lookout. But I leave everything to God. I always say, “Thy will be done”.

I have a female first cousin who was diagnosed with Thalassemia (some form of blood disease) since she was about 7 years old. She and few other kids her were diagnosed at the same time. They were all given max 10 years. Everyone, except my cousin are gone. She is now 28. However, her entire life has been difficult. Blood transfusion every 3-4 months since she was 7 y/o. She looks rough after going through years of treatments. I still consider myself lucky.

Posts: 1872 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adding our prayers.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Prayers, hang in there, don’t ring the bell....you’ll make it.
Spunk

Posts: 2761 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post