SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got some bad news today from my doc. Hopefully NO Part 2.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got some bad news today from my doc. Hopefully NO Part 2. Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Holding you in my thoughts. Stay strong.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
As a couple have already said, you can handle this. I had the same sort of incident back in 1984. I was told then that there were two types of thyroid cancer. One is slow and the other is a bit more aggressive. Mine was the slower type. Both can be survived. The worst of it is getting the synthetic hormone replacement at the right dose. You can be either wired up or slowed down depending on the dose. Once you get past that, life goes on, just take your meds.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers Sent.

Lung Cancer Survivor Stage 3B 2009

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Prayers up for you and your family.

I will hit three years cancer free in January. My wife and I opened a bottle of champagne the evening I was diagnosed with prostate cancer to celebrate the finding. We then turned to doing the surgery and the follow up tests.

You have a huge number of sigforum members praying for your success.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Give yourself time to be scared, then become determined to beat this cancer!

You can do it!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just take a Positive Outlook and remember that Thyroid Cancer is one of the most Treatable Cancers. Fact is that your odds of a long term positive result are about the same as my odds for surviving my upcoming Open Heart Surgery.

However one suggestion. That is find a good Primary Care Doctor you can stick with long term and see for yearly checkups for the rest of your life. Because a lot of Cancers can be caught early enough to be easily treated and highly survivable. Colon Cancer is one, catch it at stage 1 and the survival rate approaches 100%, catch it at stage 4 and the survival rate for 5 years is near zero. Point is plan on being Vigilant for the rest of your life and you will probably live to see 80 or more years of age.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't really know what to say, so I'll just keep you in my prayers.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend is a 10-year breast cancer survivor. It can be done!

Stay positive, especially when you tell the kids, and you will be fine!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I will be praying for you.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
This is tough news to receive. Stay tough, and you will beat this!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Wishing you strength and best wishes. One day at a time. You can do it!

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Be strong, do as instructed. You have a great support network at home. They will help get you through.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts and prayer sent your way.

Stay strong, fight it, you can prevail over it.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
You are not doing youself or your family any favors by not telling them.

Together you will be stronger then apart.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3850 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I've prayed for you, too, and will continue to do so.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
My oldest son was diagnosed with thyroid cancer about 17 years ago at age 28. He had his thyroid removed and has been on thyroid meds ever since with no recurrence and no major side effects. He does occasionally need some minor dosage adjustments to his meds to compensate for his minor body temperature and metabolism swings but this has not been a significant issue at all. His oncologist said "cancer is certainly not a good thing to get but if you have to get one, thyroid cancer is the one to choose." So far, so good!

Best of luck in dealing with the diagnosis, with your family's reactions, and with whatever treatments you undergo!

Posts: 1987 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family. My God give you strength and wisdom to fight this terrible disease.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
You'll be another person I know that beat cancer. Hang in there, you'll be in our prayers.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with you and your family. It sounds like you will have a good support system with your family.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post