SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Midterm Elections I Voted Check In Here (2018 Senate-Rep, House-Dem)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midterm Elections I Voted Check In Here (2018 Senate-Rep, House-Dem) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
AZ
Dropped them off Friday. Wish the commercials would stop when you vote!

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I voted on Saturday. The guy I talked to said 300,000 people in Georgia have already voted.

They are expecting a bigger turnout than the Presidential election.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We voted Thursday and there was a line.Poll workers stated it had been like this since early voting started.

I take that as good sign.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
We voted yesterday.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted (early mail-in ballot) the first of this week.

Posts: 6614 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
We voted Thursday and there was a line.Poll workers stated it had been like this since early voting started.

I take that as good sign.
I wouldn't. The Democrats have been whipping up their base, so who knows how many idiots are going to vote.

I don't agree with early voting--the more time the polls are available, the more time there is for voter fraud to occur. Also, early voting negates the possibility that some important event could occur that might alter how someone votes. Absentee voting I do agree with--anyone with a valid reason for being away on voting day should have a way to submit a ballot; I did if often when serving in USAF. As I see it, "early voting" is a convenience thing to encourage folks to vote; to my way of thinking, anyone who needs to be encouraged to vote by making it more convenient possibly should not be voting at all--I want voters who are committed and willing to make plans and possibly suffer some minor inconvenience to cast ballots. Polls are usually open for at least 12 hours, and employers are supposed to excuse workers to go vote--that should be good enough. YMMV

I plan to vote on 6 November.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Voted.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Dropped my absentee ballot off Friday.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Just came back from dropping ours off at the post office.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Voted early. Yesterday, the line was way too long. I think some records were broken.
All in all, pretty easy. I also appreciate that you vote on a touch screen, review your choices, print them, review again, and then cast the ballot.

But, we still didn't have to show ID. Frown

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I voted on Friday

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:

But, we still didn't have to show ID. Frown

Bruce

Jesus. Roll Eyes

Well, I guess I didn't either since mine is now a mail-in ballot, despite Utah having a law that one must show ID. Now how the hell does that square??

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
My mail in ballot for Oregon went in the mail Saturday Morning.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ac26
posted Hide Post
Done 10/18 Mail-in ballot

Posts: 191 | Location: Dallas Texas | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
will be dropping mine off tomorrow before work.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filled out my ballot, dropping it off soon.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Voted Absentee; Straight Libertarian.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
voted.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
Just dropped mine in office mail today.

Feels good to be deplorable, and at odds with the Portland mobs.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 618 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Did my early voting this AM.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post