SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FIrst Bike ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FIrst Bike ? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
My 2003 SV650S was a great machine. It was just too small for my body. I had to put rearset adapter plates on, upside down, to lower the pegs about 1.5 inches. Even so, the bike didn't fit well. I changed the fork oil to add resistance, added a Stebel horn, and slung a pair of OGIO saddlebags over the back seat. I had the optional Suzuki gel seat, but it wasn't truly comfortable. The 2003 has a weird seat pan and finding a vintage Corbin or Sargent seat is hard. Only one year with the odd seat configuration, so I wouldn't buy a 2003 if I were in the market. I also experimented with sprockets to get more delivered torque for my weight. I am 50% more weight than the design weight for the typical Japanese motorcycle.

It worked, for a few years, but I truly LOVE my 2002 Honda Interceptor so much more. It fits, handles, and cruises with so much panache.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
If you need insurance check out Dairyland, Allstate want $1800 a year for my S1000r and $450 from Dairyland.

Does Dairyland check past speeding records?

Duuuude, I just put ZSMICHAEL into Google, and your driving record popped up for me! Eek Eek

Sorry, just kidding, some things are just too easy. Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post