SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump Proposes Demolishing FBI Headquarters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Proposes Demolishing FBI Headquarters Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I heard In Death Valley there is room for building.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by Hay2bale:
They need to get the FBI headquarters out of the Washington DC area.

I'm thinking Detroit.

Or Baltimore.Plenty of cheap real estate there.

FBI brass has already rejected those two options. Reason: too dangerous there!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
also thinking the Department of Agriculture should be relocated to Kansas to better serve their constituents, and the BATFE should be relocated to either Waco or Ruby Ridge

How ‘bout relocating the BATFE to Atlantis instead? Wink

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Any good civil servant would be chomping at the bit to get the hell out of the Beltway and into an area where $170K will buy you something slightly larger than a one-bedroom condo with two windows.

Butte used to be "Siberia" for the FBI. If you f'ed up badly enough to get on HQ's radar, but not badly enough to actually get fired, you found yourself shuttled to Butte. It failed to account for the number of people that'd actually LIKE moving west.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
“Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” Attributed to Vito Corleone

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
...and the BATFE should be relocated to either Waco or Ruby Ridge

Some sections of ATF are already in Martinsburg WV. I wonder if Senator Robert "Sheets "Byrd had anything to do with that...

He had everything to do with that.

That building was opened I think 1992 and still probably more than half empty. Save the tax money, send them there.

I's also close enough they can drive to DC for the occasional congressional testimony.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I've got a great idea! Let's kick the UN out of the US and give the FBI that building.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
moving the FBI to somewhere less expensive, like the Virginia or Maryland exurbs, or to some job-thirsty rustbelt location.

I think renovating some abandoned factories in deep red territory for new FBI digs would be a win-win-win.

The deep-staters would die before moving to flyover territory. No need to fire them, they'd quit! Win Smile

Cheap land, cheap buildings, lower cost of living, adding jobs where needed. Win Smile

Reduces overcrowding in the BOSWASH corridor, reduces census count in Blue/Purple states and dilutes reliable "D" votes into majority "R" territory. Win Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Quantico would be the logical place. The MCIO's are already there.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that just contaminates Quantico

Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post