SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump Proposes Demolishing FBI Headquarters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Proposes Demolishing FBI Headquarters Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
The latest development in the ongoing war between the White House and the FBI is that the Trump administration is now proposing to demolish the Hoover Building on Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington, D.C., that serves as FBI headquarters, and to replace it with a new building.

It is a prime piece of real estate. Perhaps Trump can figure out a way to save the taxpayers some money by putting a hotel, condo, or office building on the property, and moving the FBI to somewhere less expensive, like the Virginia or Maryland exurbs, or to some job-thirsty rustbelt location.

Local media in Washington reported that the project could cost up to $2 billion, and that Maryland Senator Cardin and Congressman Steny Hoyer had been pushing to have the FBI relocated to a suburban office park. A report from the General Services Administration, which administers government real estate, to a Senate committee that oversees the topic proposes "a 'nationally-focused consolidation' that would move roles that do not need to be conducted in Washington to federally owned sites in Idaho, Alabama and West Virginia," the Baltimore Sun reported.

The plan would ship about 20% of the FBI's current Washington-based positions — 2,306 of the bureau's roughly 10,606 Washington-based staff — to Idaho, Alabama, and West Virginia.

The GSA statement said that "the current headquarters facility, the Hoover building, has significantly deteriorated over the past 45 years. Crumbling facades, aging infrastructure, physical, structural and security limitations in the degraded facility are all severely impeding the FBI's ability to meet its critical law enforcement and national security missions."

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
the degraded facility are all severely impeding the FBI's ability to meet its critical law enforcement and national security missions."

is this code talk of some kind?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They need to get the FBI headquarters out of the Washington DC area.

I'm thinking Detroit.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Time to get someone’s attention. Eek

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Politics aside, it's always struck me that having so much of the country's governmental infrastructure in one place not only invites a WMD attack (9/11 should've driven that point) but, creates what we have today, a geographic community that appears to homogeneous; thinks, acts and behaves the same beholden to the federal government.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
BUT WAIT!!

ACT NOW AND WE'LL PUSH THE UNITED NATIONS BUILDING INTO THE EAST RIVER!! AT NO EXTRA CHARGE!!*

*buyer must pay s&h fee of 14.95

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Was this offer for an empty or occupied building?

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Just wow, when I am about up to the top of my waders with the puking and moaning and whining, PDT pitches a fastball with a side of spitter and I just laugh and point and whoop. It's as if he said in his indoor voice, "OK boys, if you wanna fuck with me, that's fine, just do it from a distance, I'll be in touch and don't sign a long term lease in Georgetown, Awright?

And I like the idea above about Detroit, Detroit is nice this time of year. Wooot!

Posts: 6358 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the idea has a lot of merit

Idaho somewhere or Detroit...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I've got $14.95, where do I send the check?

Smile

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love this. If President Trump manages to ship a couple thousand ivy league bureaucrats to Stump Jump, Alabama and Eagle Bung, Idaho, man, that would be the best! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hay2bale:
They need to get the FBI headquarters out of the Washington DC area.

I'm thinking Detroit.

Or Baltimore.Plenty of cheap real estate there.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I love this. If President Trump manages to ship a couple thousand ivy league bureaucrats to Stump Jump, Alabama and Eagle Bung, Idaho, man, that would be the best! Big Grin

I agree... A few years back, the FBI moved a large part of their science and engineering functions from Quantico to Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville Alabama and their Criminal Database facility to Clarksburg West Va. More space, cheaper real estate, and potentially help bring jobs to an area with a struggling economy. Save the tax payers money and get out of the overprices DC area.

Eagle Bung... I need to add that to my bucket lits of places to visit.. ha! Wink

Posts: 689 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:
the degraded facility are all severely impeding the FBI's ability to meet its critical law enforcement and national security missions."

is this code talk of some kind?

No it means the infrastructure to many of their older buildings, not just the Hoover building, is so dated newer technology will not work to it’s full potential in the facilities if at all.

But this is nothing new they have been talking about moving out of the Hoover building for awhile.
Pretty much anything they do will be a complete rebuild or completely strip/gut anything to accommodate new technology and SCIF space.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The plan to move FBI Hqs out of the current downtown facility is old news.

http://washington.cbslocal.com...orward-another-step/

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, let's get to it, dammitt!!

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
also thinking the Department of Agriculture should be relocated to Kansas to better serve their constituents, and the BATFE should be relocated to either Waco or Ruby Ridge

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, let's get to it, dammitt!!

You clearly have never worked with the GSA. There is no such thing as let’s get to it.
More like we’ll get to it in a decade or so, maybe.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
quote:
BUT WAIT!!

ACT NOW AND WE'LL PUSH THE UNITED NATIONS BUILDING INTO THE EAST RIVER!! AT NO EXTRA CHARGE!!*

I've got Twenty bucks here for you, and you can keep the change!

*buyer must pay s&h fee of 14.95

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
...and the BATFE should be relocated to either Waco or Ruby Ridge

Some sections of ATF are already in Martinsburg WV. I wonder if Senator Robert "Sheets "Byrd had anything to do with that...

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post