SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Year's Resolutions?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Year's Resolutions? Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Live to make a New Years Resolution for 2019!

(a bit early, but,)

Happy New Year! Everyone.

And, MAGA and stuff.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Lose weight. I'm a bit north of the 220 I need to be, and I want to feel good and move better again. And eat right. Me and the wife are gonna do it together, and having ran a trial between thanksgiving and christmas about a low carb diet showed me that I will find them very doable.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V tail, take a look at this link, you may find it quite interesting and I can assure you that you will lose weight during this test and all of it will be FAT. Downside is that the foods on the approved list tend to be either unavailable and most grocery chains or expensive. However limiting the intake of Carbohydrates has proven to be very effective at reducing body fat and weight. What are the most difficult items to give up are Bread and Sugar.

Actually you should do a bit of exploring on Dr. Mafetones web site. While some of his ideas go "against the grain" a bit concerning improving ones fitness level his MAF training method was used by this years winner of the Boston Marathon and it is distinctly "gentler" than traditional fitness training. Basically in MAF training you only rarely exert yourself until you are breathing hard, you exercise at a level where you can conduct a conversation without any huffing and puffing. Downside to doing this is that you won't cover the miles as quickly so if you want to put in 3 miles a day plan on it taking 45 minutes to an hour instead of the less than 27 minute maximum the Marines require. BTW, under the MAF rules the maximum heart rate you will want to target is 180-Age, for you that is 99 bpm. This will seem like a snails pace at first but if you stick with it in about 6 months to a year you'll notice that you have to move quite a bit faster to get your heart going that fast.

Anyhow, here is the link for the Carbohydrate Intolerance Test. Keep in mind it's only 2 weeks, after that you can then go back to a diet with a moderated intake of Carbs.

https://philmaffetone.com/2-week-test/

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to lose a few lb's.
Gonna break 80 at least once next year.
More time in a river with my fly rod.
Spend more time in Montana chasing browns.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Ignore negatve comments about guns I like in Sig Forum even more.

Cool

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Drink more whiskey.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Try not to get fatter. Lost 150lbs and kept it off a year so far. Goal is set....maintain.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Drink more whiskey.

Yeah...

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Live to make a New Years Resolution for 2019!

(a bit early, but,)

Happy New Year! Everyone.

And, MAGA and stuff.

So, I can drink more bourbon.

That's what I meant to say.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hit the fitness center more often. Ride the motorcycle more often. Spend less time on the internet.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Spend less time on the internet.

To be serious for a moment, that's a good one. I have a lot of books lying around that I need to catch up on reading, and right now I just have too many distractions.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should lose weight. I probably wont, because I'm a lazy fuck, but I should. I'm 270 on a frame that should be 210-220.

Also, I will not quit my job. Even if my boss is an incompetent prick with the IQ of a popsicle stick.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to be better to one of my best friends(40 years). I think that I give him too much grief.....not that he doesn't send some my way!! After all of these years, I plan to cut him some slack and be nicer to the old poot!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Try not to get fatter. Lost 150lbs and kept it off a year so far. Goal is set....maintain.

What did you do? As someone looking to lose about that, I'm curious how you did it. I'm going to do the keto/lowcarb diet

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None. The past few months have seen me simplify my life so much that I am very, very content.
GF was dumped after she pressed a bit hard on the relationship. Toxic, drama filled people who I counted as friends were shoved out of my life and my business is at a new high with the opening of a satellite branch down south.
Just going to continue doing the same thing.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I resolve to drink more Vodka....And I'm gonna' start right in tonight! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8878 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I am going to be better to one of my best friends(40 years). I think that I give him too much grief.....not that he doesn't send some my way!! After all of these years, I plan to cut him some slack and be nicer to the old poot!!

That's one of the best new year's resolutions I've ever seen or heard. Count me as one of your admirers.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get a Glock 43.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Well, here it is, just after 9:00 am on January 1, and my first resolution is to finish throwing up before 10:30.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I started my New Years Resolution a little before Christmas, I gave up Caffeine.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
to get my first tattoo plan..

Posts: 29 | Registered: March 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post