New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vicks VapoRub Login/Join 
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for someone to bring this up. It is referred to around here as a Peppermint Patty and it does indeed work well.

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Wink works great as a sex lube too. Try it for yourself Wink

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!

I was visiting my brother in Japan and he brought some individually packaged desserts back to the hotel room. I opened my box and it had a tiny ketchup sized packet that had "Kool Ez" written on it in english lettering. I thought "Cool Whip" and put it on my piece of cake/pie. Brother reads the japanese text and it is a teeny tiny packet of blue ice used to keep each individual slice cold. Said "Do Not Eat" in japanese.

Oops.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
I was waiting for someone to bring this up. It is referred to around here as a Peppermint Patty and it does indeed work well.

quote:
Eek I was kidding (thus the winking emojis).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23245 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

TMI

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have bought any in the last few years, it is now made in Mexico. I feel it is not as good as my 20 year old jar.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
When I worked I a stable, horses would get sick and have to have their noses cleaned out.
We.would put bucks in their nostrils. Talk about funny! The faces those horses made.
But it worked!

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
Eek I was kidding (thus the winking emojis).

So you just used it that one time? Wink

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Shoot, we have had a jar of that around since, well, forever. It works great but I have never used it for anything other than colds. Now I have some more uses for it. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
US Air Force 375th Medical Group did a study on the effectiveness of Vicks with positive results. I know this because my Podiatrist was there. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21209346

Also, it is very effective at preventing athletes foot breakout. Will not cure a breakout, but creates an environment which seems to prevent the fungus from starting. Very light application every 24hrs is all that is necessary.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I discovered an expiration date on a 10+ year old bottle. Called the 800# to ask why. They couldn’t really explain it.

I usually have one of their little inhalers handy in the winter.

-Rob

Expiration dates plus some allowance is the length of time they keep a sample of the batch. That way, if something happens outside, it's their control to check if whatever the issue is was with the product when it came out the factory.

After the expiration date + some time, the company can throw the sample out and there is no liability as the product has "expired" and shouldn't have been used.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

Sounds like the sort of thing Shugart would suggest. No Thanks! Eek
Hey WTF? I dindo nuffin. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Here I was thinking this would be a thread on how VVR was also a great gun lubricant

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought some VVR to try it out, and yes, it's now Mezzikan. Doesn't even smell like the old stuff, very disappointing. I'm trying it out anyway, can't hurt can it?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Wash your hands.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then I read about the VapoRub killing toenail fungus and decided to try it first.

At the risk of TMI, I'm giving this a try, starting last Friday.

Posts: 27947 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:

For added pleasure, apply ICY HOT liberally to your balls.

DANGER....DANGER Will Robinson

Unless you want to run to the locker room sink hoping to douse the pain only to find out water just spreads the joy...do not do this Wink

I was young with a groin pull.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Then I read about the VapoRub killing toenail fungus and decided to try it first.

At the risk of TMI, I'm giving this a try, starting last Friday.

May take many months to work.Be patient.

Posts: 12676 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Wash your hands.

Beat ya to it -- at my girlfriend's suggestion, I'm using a Q-Tip. I did not ask her how she knew this!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post