SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MailWasher Free
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MailWasher Free Login/Join 
posted
Tired of the Russians e-mailing you SPAM? Afraid they are going to hack into your account? Worried about them disclosing your wink-wink dirty little secrets?

Use MailWasher Free!

You can even blacklist all of your favorite Russian senders! Just go into Settings. Click on Spam Tools and then Blacklist. Choose the Wildcard Expression and add +.ru

You can also enable the system to send whatever they send you to SpamCop and the FTC, without ever reaching your service.

But if you have a friend named Dmitrii, tell him to switch to a China server, because all emails from .ru will be intercepted and bounced.

John can sleep easier tonight. Pity he switched to yahoo.com.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I pay $20/year for my email service – FastMail. I've used it exclusively since 2001. Only a few brief outages in that long interval. Their spam filtering is superb. They also have a free option, but I consider the $20/year to be money well spent.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good info, Pipe Smoker.

I should add that MailWasher tends to control SPAM on an existing e-mail account.

For example, I blacklisted all yahoo.com accounts. (+@yahoo.com)

Either they have gone on Sabbatical or the darn thing is working just fine.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post