SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Someone swiped my blower
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone swiped my blower Login/Join 
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Thieves suck. I hope you catch a good break soon.

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
sorry Mark. Just a guess but probably a neighborhood job. Kids or deadbeat. I would canvas the neighbors. Bet you get a lead or two and maybe even your blower back. Talk with your client about it too. I bet you could throw a rock from where it was taken, to who has it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks, stealing the tools one uses to make a honest living! Mad

Might want to install a GPS tracking device in the next one.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
That sucks, stealing the tools one uses to make a honest living! Mad

Might want to install a GPS tracking device in the next one.
Are you referring to tiles?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Are you referring to tiles?

No, nothing specific.
I remember seeing a GPS tracking device in a store and thought this would be a great place for one. I have no experience with any of them.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've often wondered, walking or driving past lawn crews, with things like string trimmers, leaf blowers and the like just sitting there on open trailers and nobody paying attention, how often this happens.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Yup, thieves suck. Sorry for your loss.

A buddy dropped off a somewhat rare six-foot length of lead drain pipe. Left it on my porch. It was gone in minutes. (the longer pieces are mostly gone but shorter pieces are fairly common).

Coming back from a 17 day trip I find someone opened my unlocked gang box behind my house. Where I stored extra cat food in case I was gone for a few months. Took a broken Craftsman 8" table saw. Missing the blade; the blade height adjustment wheel cracked, parts N/A. Fairly useless bench saw unless you're a crafter. They left the attachments.

Right next to the box was 4" and 5" cast iron drain pipe, no hub, and some hubbed pipe. Left it.

I noticed a case of beer in the vestibule of a rock club where I do service work. And a few days later, a different case in a similar place. The new guy running the ticket box, I think, was strategically placing the cases where a buddy could swing by and grab them. The new guy was mysteriously left off the scheduling role. Permanently.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I've often wondered, walking or driving past lawn crews, with things like string trimmers, leaf blowers and the like just sitting there on open trailers and nobody paying attention, how often this happens.
this is my 9th or 10th year and it's my first tool theft.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I was always paranoid that stuff would get swiped off the trailer when I worked for a friend with a mowing business. We took care of a few properties in bad areas and several times I saw sketchy looking people eyeing the equipment.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark

Check your FB. I sent you a private message.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Check your local pawn shops,

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What would be the best way to mark my leaf blower, string trimmer? Something that would be easy to identify later.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could use a Dremel with an Etching bit to mark you tool, but not sure that would matter to a pawn shop?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where in PA are you?

If near the Lehigh Valley I can easily check in on the two pawn shops in downtown Allentown.

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Where in PA are you?

If near the Lehigh Valley I can easily check in on the two pawn shops in downtown Allentown.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post