SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Someone swiped my blower
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone swiped my blower Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I was mowing a lawn and while I was in the back yard some dirt bag absconded with my $500 backpack blower. My weed whacker needs replaced, my small mower isn't working properly and I need a ride on spreader/sprayer. Didn't need this crap right now. Frown I'm totally bummed.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I hate a thief. I hope payback is that someone steals something nice you have.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I'd be upset too.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I hate thievery Mad

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to make a police report with as specific of a description as possible. The police usually watch the pawn shops to see what is coming in.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Another case where one person's immorality damages another's liberty. Sorry that happened to you. There's nothing quite like the sense of violation one feels when something valuable has been stolen from him. Let's hope for leveraged karma...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
The police usually watch the pawn shops to see what is coming in.

Additionally, and I know it's a long shot, but if you have any of those used tool re-sale shops locally, you can check in there too. Also, check your local Craigslist or OfferUp listings in the next few days.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I had a mower swiped years back.
The problem was that it was my neighbors mower I borrowed and had to buy him a new one.
It was out on the front porch too at the time.
Mad

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry Mark, that sucks. Definitely report it and give as much info as possible. The other posters here are right that it may wind up in a pawn shop close by.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I reported it to the police with model and serial number. They said they have a few places to check where thieves dump stuff.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it might be a huge pain, but maybe you could secure some things to your trailer with a cable and combination lock.Might stop the grab and dash scumbags. I too hate thieves and think all states should be like Texas,where you can defend property with force,if you have to.

I have been thinking about doing this in my garage so I don't have to keep the door closed all the time.

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Fucking thieves!! Mad

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all of your recent experiences, you clearly deserve a break from this crap. Eventually things go the other way for awhile. The longer you live you begin to see how things will eventually balance out.

I would bet there is a large drug problem in your area, as that type of stealing is pretty risky behavior in terms of getting caught, and your professional criminal would not take the risk.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They stole something that was pretty damn important. It was a tool needed to put food on the table. Fuck'em. I hope they rot in hell.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I hate thieves. I hope they get an 11 mm kidney stone and shingles at the same time.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I know it won't but I hope it blows up on them. Big fireball. Karma by fire.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I know how you feel. My brand new BR600 was stolen a little while ago.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
With all of your recent experiences, you clearly deserve a break from this crap. ...
Yeah, I just want a break. I've had my fill.

Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Sucks, I feel bad for you.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
That is so chicken shit.
I just despise such.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post