SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    St. Louis area members - The Impossible Whopper
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

St. Louis area members - The Impossible Whopper Login/Join 
Picture of HighZonie
posted
Has anyone tried the Impossible Whopper being trial marketed by Burger King in the St. Louis area?

I would like to hear your comments on the new item .... any thoughts?

Reference publication: > https://www.usatoday.com/story...tionwide/3591837002/

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Order a salad instead. More SJW pandering. Burger King be woke.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I'll jump right in and buy when they bring forth the Soylent Green based Whopper®.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
At least the plant burger won’t have a bunch of bone fragments in it, like the last Whoppers I had the last several times we ate at Burger Kang.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we have the better special here in Ohio, the Angry Whopper.

Bacon, jalepenos, deep fried onion chips, and some sort of sweet/hot sauce on it.

Damn, I may have to divert to get one on the way home.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm just old and confused by all this new stuff. If you want a burger...buy a burger (i.e. not a wannabee burger). If you want a beer...buy a beer (i.e. not alcohol free beer). If you want a Coke...buy a Coke (i.e. not Coke Zero ). It all just seems like playing mind games with yourself to me.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I want to try one.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:

Bacon, jalepenos, deep fried onion chips, and some sort of sweet/hot sauce on it.

Damn, I may have to divert to get one on the way home.

They have that available in St.Louis also. I agree it sounds better to me but I haven’t eaten there in years.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
One of my employees was complaining the other day that he stopped at a BK that was out of real whoppers, but they offered him this nonsense instead.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15694 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of crusty fucks, you guys are. I can confidently say that those that are complaining about it h have never had a Beyond Meat or Impossible product before.

They are very good, especially for people who after vegetarian and want a burger, for instance.

I'm not a vegetarian and I've had a few of the Beyond burgers from Carl's. Very tasty.

You guys probably poo-pooed fish tacos too.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
You guys probably poo-pooed fish tacos too.
Eventually, don't we all?

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I'll just let the cows be grass fed.

Signed
Crusty Fuck

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RichN:

They have that available in St.Louis also. I agree it sounds better to me but I haven’t eaten there in years.

Angry whopper sounds better.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have had an impossible burger. Not the whopper a real one at a restaurant.

My take. It doesn’t exactly taste like beef like is touted but does do a decent job. On its own merits and taste I thought it was very good. I would order one again not as a replacement for a “real” burger but as I said on its own merits.

I am an omnivore though and when I want meat I am eating meat. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I haven’t eaten at Burger King, Taco Bell, or McDonalds since I was in High School, which was over 28 years ago and I don’t plan to eat at any of them again no matter what they offer.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

My take. It doesn’t exactly taste like beef like is touted but does do a decent job. On its own merits and taste I thought it was very good. I would order one again not as a replacement for a “real” burger but as I said on its own merits.

That's me too.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried this one, but my experience with other veggie burgers has been (to paraphrase Douglas Adams) that they taste like something almost but not quite entirely unlike beef.

Y'all can share mine.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

That's me too.

I’m the same, though an Impossible has to go a long way to beat a grilled portobello mushroom head with a slice of Swiss and a touch of mayo on a toasted bun.

Hmm.

May have to run to the store this weekend.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Heard good things.
Looking forward to it myself.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, I won't be trying it. I'm very basic in my hamburger desires: meat (well done), iceberg lettuce, and yellow mustard on a toasted bun. The main reason I eat at BK is that they will make a burger for me just like that, in an age where most places have a specialty burger that is loaded up with a bunch of stuff that never should be on a burger.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post