SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    BTW, apologies for the too frequent typos and poor spelling.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BTW, apologies for the too frequent typos and poor spelling. Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
I wondered a lot about voice recognition in the mid nineties, Dragon speak and related stuff required dedicated hardware and was expensive.

I had a buddy who lived in my same dorm in college (early 2000s) who broke both his left collarbone and right arm in a bicycle crash towards the end of one Spring semester. The University hooked him up with a copy of the Dragon speech-to-text software so that he could finish out the semester.

It was about 95% accurate, once he went through the voice/accent learning process with the program. But that last 5% meant typing essays could be frustrating. Made for some hilarious misinterpretations, though.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post