SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    BTW, apologies for the too frequent typos and poor spelling.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BTW, apologies for the too frequent typos and poor spelling. Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
It's been a while since I've adopted my phone as primary way of communicating with the board.
My sight and fingers struggle with the tiny screen and miserable keyboard and my typing has always been slow and painful so by the time I finish typing my ideas some horrible mistakes have been commited.

Sincerest apologies.

0-

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apologees accepted.

Razz

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most phone apps let you dictate. All you need to do is a quick review.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
noproblemIhatetypeingonaphone

muchpreferusingacomputer

Big Grin

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
It's been a while since I've adopted my phone as primary way of communicating with the board.
My sight and fingers struggle with the tiny screen and miserable keyboard and my typing has always been slow and painful so by the time I finish typing my ideas some horrible mistakes have been commited.

Sincerest apologies.

0-0

FIFY. Razz

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
LOL no apologies needed I use an iPad and have problems hitting the correct letters well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. Also that spell check is always trying to change words on me when I do hit the wrong letter.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I'm a phone user as well, so no apology needed.

Wink

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have sausage fingers sooooo......

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
But, but, but.... I'm also a grammar and spelling nazi.

No soup for me!

0-0

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
And I thought it was an accent. Wink

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
And I thought it was an accent. Wink

Yeah, that's how I hear it when I read it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I make plenty of typos here and I am using a regular keyboard. No apologies needed!

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
That's why I don't communicate unless I have a full-sized tactile touch keyboard (rare emergencies excepted). Even then I make a few typos that I don't catch and correct. It is very embarrassing when I do, though, because I, too, am a resident Spelling & Grammar NAZI.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat since my desktop gave up. My grammar and spelling are atrocious, but sometimes the auto fix will slip through a real banger by itself.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm always happy to see you posting. I ignore anything other than the fact that you are on the board.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redford1970:
Most phone apps let you dictate. All you need to do is a quick review.

The newest Samsung dictation software gets one word out of 20 correct. In this last sentence, the phone would have spelled "The" correct.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I’m impressed that you can type with that beak as well as you do! Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, “hunt and peck”.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I wondered a lot about voice recognition in the mid nineties, Dragon speak and related stuff required dedicated hardware and was expensive. More recently I had some frustrating conversatioss with Siri, english not being my main language. I'm proud of my accomplishments learning english almost on my own but speaking proficiently and with good accent requires a lot of practice.

Done most of it, almost exclusively for the past 6 years, playing with Joel9507 and a few other members, at World of Tanks. Wish there was more.
Anyhow, don't feel comfortable talking to a device. Any device. Answering machines are already frustrating to me.

Beek is fine, aiming at keys gets difficult with age.

0-0

Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Note my signature line. Wink

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just be careful if you book a vacation with youthinasia.com

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post