SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had a Good Experience With MS Support
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had a Good Experience With MS Support Login/Join 
posted
I have been in love with my Surface Pro 4, but alas, it came down with the screen flicker issue. I hadn't heard about it until it happened to me. The device became unusable unless it was connected to a dock station. Apparently it took a while for MS to acknowledge the problem Frown At any rate I called their customer service today and it took about 10 minutes to get a replacement handled. The downside is I have to use an old fashioned I7 laptop until the replacement arrives.

A very good experience overall.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Not to be confused with the Indians who randomly call to let you know your are "virusing" up the world.
Then want to take over your computer for a fee and save it.

Their Partner Portal changed recently and I forgot how to get in ~ very helpful on getting back in.
Always had pretty competent help when I had to supplement my support with their help on some complex issues.

Pleasant change from ATT or Comcast. Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Bytes, how old was your Surface? I've had mine about 18 months and it's been rock solid for me and no flickering. I'm curious if yours was within the 1 year warranty period as mine is six months out of it.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrToad:
Bytes, how old was your Surface? I've had mine about 18 months and it's been rock solid for me and no flickering. I'm curious if yours was within the 1 year warranty period as mine is six months out of it.

About 2 years. Just woke up one morning and a screen flicker started happening. From my research it is a rare problem. MS is covering devices out of warranty.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post