SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cheap mower tires?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap mower tires? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Any suggestions on where to buy some cheap lawn mower tires that get decent traction mowing a ditchline? I'd rather not pay $50 per tire to use on a 25 year old JD mower.

Back tires are 20x10x8. I could go a little narrower if need be.

Fronts are 15x6x6

The ones on it are getting pretty slick, dry rotted and leaking down.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight has a selection of tires that might work, depending.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
This is where I buy mine and their service is as good as it gets. FAST delivery. OTR tires are standard equip on both my Bob-Cat and Hustler mowers.

http://otrwheel.com/product/traction-master/

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Quick search shows Walmart has some for $35. LINK

$50 doesn't seem out of line though.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Search the evil Craigslist for a free tractor.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$50 ? Mine was $85 for one front on a Simplicity garden tractor. It's a good tire but not that good!

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Any Farm and Garden store will carry a pretty decent selection.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I mow professionally. A couple years ago was a bit rough so I cheaped out and saved about $20 per mower tire. Huge mistake. The tread looked similar but couldn't seem to grip. I got stuck so many times in soft lawns. That cost me so much time. I guess it was a blessing that they wore completely slick in one year. I replaced them with Carlisle tires. Immediate improvement. I'll never go cheap on tires again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark123,

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Check Tractor Supply Co. they run sales all the time. They carry a decent tire for the money. You can buy online and pick up at store, you save a little more. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I sell several brands of mower tires, Carlisle are #1. We are dealers for Wanda, Deestone and OTR, all sell well, just depends on the application.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post