SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Robert Yates
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Robert Yates Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
RIP Robert Yates. One if the best Ford Men ever! Robert Yates Racing RYR was a power house back in the day. Godspeed Ford Man.

https://www.nascar.com/news-me...r-hall-of-fame-2018/

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear that. Great engine builder and team owner. And seemed like a genuine nice guy.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Robert Yates Racing... hollered myself hoarse plenty of times for those cars.

God Speed is just a bit faster now.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uppster
posted Hide Post
He was one of the innovators back when NASCAR was really fun to watch.

God,Guns,Cars,& 1Wife, I would say I have it all.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Independence MO | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Great innovator in the sport. He will be missed. RIP Mr. Yates.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For one brief season, in 1995, I had the privledge of being this gentleman's pilot. He usually sat up in the front (co-pilot's) seat. You would be hard pressed to find a man of greater character, grace, humility, and talent. Few people at the time could squeeze more horse power out of a normally aspirated V-8 motor than Robert Yates. Rest in Peace, Robert. You will be missed by many.

Posts: 591 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post