SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do squirrels ever get full?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do squirrels ever get full? Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I like feeding the squirrels as much as I like feeding the birds. Heidi actually buys them Their own food. At the end of the day it's all just entertainment for our cats.. birds, squirrels, I could care less, they cost about the same to feed.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Be careful...they WILL attack if provoked Razz

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Lyy8tj92cOY

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have red squirrels. They are small but loaded with fight. They routinely kick the gray squirrels asses and run them off.
When I was living in the high $$$ area of Fairborn ( Eek ) a gray squirrel would visit my front porch and hang out while he ate an entire bagel. Every day. An entire bagel. I wanted to follow him so I could get a bagel!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Just had squirrel last night-floured, browned and cooked in the skillet with onions. Took me longer to wash my hands than to wolf down those tasty little ones. They are my favorite small game. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
After they got in my attic it's DEATH to ALL SQUIRRELS.!!!!!!!!!

Unless the women of the house are around Smile

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
I like feeding the squirrels as much as I like feeding the birds. Heidi actually buys them Their own food. At the end of the day it's all just entertainment for our cats.. birds, squirrels, I could care less, they cost about the same to feed.

Bingo. Pure entertainment for my animals. They know the length of our dog's run and will stand a foot away from him. Sometimes we let him out without his run and he scares the shit out of them and they won't come around for a couple days. The cats catch more rabbits than birds or squirrels. One day got a rabbit thigh at the back door. Looked like it was prepped at the grocery store Smile

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and lock up your GoPro's too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIEWgxuaPyA

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I've got a chestnut tree in my yard. When the nuts get ripe, the squirrels apparently come from miles around. They have hard hats and scaffolding and boom lifts and signs to redirect traffic. When then sun sets they turn on little fucking squirrel halogen work lights.

Hahaha - here their work site includes little friggin excavators ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Be careful...they WILL attack if provoked Razz

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Lyy8tj92cOY

No shit. I got attacked by one in an attic once. Little freak flew through the air at me and made me put my foot through a sheetrock ceiling. Had to take him out with a tennis racket Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The ones around here don't stop eating until the dogs come out

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some squirrels are just......power hungry.

Squirrel takes out power from Williams to the Grand Canyon

WILLIAMS, Ariz. — A gray squirrel is being held responsible for cutting power to over 5,000 Williams, Grand Canyon and Tusayan residents March 9.

According to APS Division Manager John Haro, the squirrel climbed on to a transformer at the Williams substation and gnawed through the insulation on the transformer bushings before being electrocuted and shorting out the transformer around 11:20 a.m.

Power to the entire city of Williams, Red Lake, Tusayan and the Grand Canyon went out. Grand Canyon schools were released early because of the outage.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I like them and have bought corn for years for feed.
They leave my gardens alone.
I have only a couple left these days,the three hawks have eaten most .

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes but you have to feed them a bit of lead first.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Fuck them, I hope they all rot in hell. Dig up flowers/herbs, and eat my veggies and pears, assholes. This just started two days ago. They are stripping the bark off of my tree probably to build their nests, they are going to kill my giant bonsai tree! Mad

The worst part is that they don't even take what the strip, leaving half behind. Mad

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainmaker5505
posted Hide Post
I don't have any squirrels, but the vultures around here are fat.

"America could use some turpentine, all the way from Hollywierd to New York City." -- Phil Robertson

Posts: 464 | Location: Oxford, PA | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I noticed last fall that there are more squirrels around Toledo than I've ever seen before, and now there are black ones in parts of the city where I never saw them before. I live in a wildlife heavy area and the number of them outside in my yard is amazing. Between the squirrels and the seeming to be recovered from the West Nile Virus Cardinals and Blue Jays, there's a lot of action in my back yard. When the WNV killed off a lot of the Blue Jays and Cardinals (Along with a lot of Crows) it seemed the only survivors were smaller Jays and Cardinals, but that's changed, the huge, nasty ones are back and neighbor's dogs are already being dive bombed even though I would think it's too early for chicks to be in the nests. The squirrels and birds all seem to be getting along fine. I see Cardinals and squirrels side by side in my back yard all the time, making my cats go nuts. The Vultures are back in big numbers, but I haven't seen any fighting over a road kill so far, unlike years previous when I would see them on rooftops near my house or in the street fighting. Last year, a big Raccoon was hit and killed and there was a group of Turkey and Black Vultures going at it, ignoring the cars creeping around them. When I used to walk my dog, they ignored us unless we got to about the 20 foot away point, when they would hiss and stuff and scare my dog. The only thing I haven't seen yet this year is a Groundhog, which my dog used to kill regularly.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Foxes, hawks and owls seem to keep the squirrel population way down around here. Hardly ever see one anymore.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I love grey squirrels. Very entertaining. I've had 8 in the yard at once before. Red squirrels I used to shoot on sight because they are assholes. I don't see them very often though.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post