SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do squirrels ever get full?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do squirrels ever get full? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The squirrels around here must have to use one of those carts when they go to the squirrel shopping mall, since their asses are so huge from eating out of the bird feeder.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Squirrels - chicken of the trees.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
They fill their cheeks and store it in a stump somewhere like a welfare queen.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Stir a little habanero sauce into the bird feed, let dry and then fill feeder. Birds will not care and squirrels will leave. I put some on the top of my cracked corn bucket the squirrels were chewing and solved the problem.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Yes.

I fill them with about a cup of Pepperridge Farms sage stuffing. Bake about 30 minutes at 350°F.

Tasty.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Yes.

I fill them with about a cup of Pepperridge Farms sage stuffing. Bake about 30 minutes at 350°F.

Tasty.

Gravy....don't forget gravy Smile

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Baby got Back

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
ha most of it looks like a bear

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
There is one squirrel in my neighborhood that I swear is the size of a small cat. A normal squirrel running on the roof has a light tapping sound, this SOB makes a thump. It even tries to fight my golden retriever.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to try this to keep the damn tree rats down.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I'm going to have to try this to keep the damn tree rats down.
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t-voGcqQ8Tg" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

At my house, they would just jump from the ground to the feeder.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I had a fat squirrel, and I mean fat, at my house in Maine. I would see him and his buddies run up a tree in the back corner by the cornfield and I swear this guy would get to the lowest branch, stop to catch his breath, stick up his paw and say "No guys really, keep going, I'll catch up..."

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I've got a chestnut tree in my yard. When the nuts get ripe, the squirrels apparently come from miles around. They have hard hats and scaffolding and boom lifts and signs to redirect traffic. When then sun sets they turn on little fucking squirrel halogen work lights.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Wait for it.... wait for it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSTfgsjmiW8

but... he get's his revenge......... maybe....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4JBhmdUunA

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Thoughts on squirrels:

1] They have a good sense of smell

2] They must really stink

Reasoning:

I throw a handful of peanuts into the garden. The squirrel on the telephone pole pays me no mind, and goes on eating buds off the tips of my Japanese maple. After about half a minute, allowing time for the peanut smell to travel throughout the air, he/she becomes squirrelly, running this way and that, until he alights upon the peanuts in the garden.

When the squirrel drinks from the water bowl, the outside porch cat generally avoids the water bowl, preferring the inside water bowl. I figure the cat does not like the smell of the water after the squirrel has been to the water bowl. Back in the day, when several cats were supported on my porch, they all drank. Water bowl = neutral ground, no fighting. Now only one cat + squirrels, and there is a different behavioral pattern. Conclusion: Cat thinks squirrel is stinky.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Hamden's Mother feeds them.

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Hamden's Mother feeds them.
My grandpa used to feed the squirrels and now my dad does. They come up to his back sliding door and knock on the window if there are no peanuts on the back porch.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
The rodent population has been exploding recently due to a record acorn drop in 2015. Good time to be a tree rat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
With 4 feral outdoor cats, I don't see many squirrels.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
The squirrels in my yard scream and run away when they see me. I HATE SQUIRRELS!

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post