SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electric Meat Slicer Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric Meat Slicer Recommendations Login/Join 
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted
Looking to buy for slicing roast beef, turkey, chicken and pork. Needs to have safe guards like suction feet and should be easy to clean. Under $300 would be swell. What say you?

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Link Thing

Click the Prep Tab

I have bought a few things over the years from them and am satisfied. No relation to them at all other than a customer. I have not purchased a slicer.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've got a LEM 10" slicer you can find in the link above. It shouldn't be confused with a commercial slicer just because it looks like one but it does a good job. For the price it's hard to beat.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
This has been on my Amazon list since 11/08/2016.

I would have pulled the trigger years ago, but I still lack the space for it. Plenty powerful, large blade, everything I used at Sossa’s Deli years ago. It’s a cheap version of a Hobart. It would do excellent in my opinion, unless you’re opening a deli. In that case, buy the Hobart.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014...ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t have a suggestion other than watching Craigslist or FB marketplace.

Where I got my 12” Berkel

More of a safety post....

Buy a chain mesh glove if you get a commercial unit. Use especially when cleaning, you won’t feel the blade cut you to the bone until you see blood all over the place and realize it.

It will take you longer to clean and sterilize than slice. Make sure to clean and sterilize EVERY nook and cranny, complete disassembly after every use

Resterilize prior to using next time

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
This has been on my Amazon list since 11/08/2016.

I would have pulled the trigger years ago, but I still lack the space for it. Plenty powerful, large blade, everything I used at Sossa’s Deli years ago. It’s a cheap version of a Hobart. It would do excellent in my opinion, unless you’re opening a deli. In that case, buy the Hobart.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014...ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

One of my great regrets is passing on a Hobart I could have had for taking it. Like you, a lack of space

If these are as good as reviews indicate, I may spring for one.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
A bit more than I wanted to spend but I too might have to spring for one of those KWS slicers.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This is the one we bought a few years ago from Cabela's. It's been a good one and is fairly easy to clean.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/e...s-deluxe-food-slicer

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubdubu
posted Hide Post
I have been using a Besswood 250 10" slicer for about 4 years. I slice about 20lbs of chicken breats or pork loin a month. I have yet to sharpen the blade and have had no issues at all.

Posts: 68 | Location: St Louis Co, Mo | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Ended up purchasing the 10” model KWS MS-10NS for $280. Thanks for the help my friends.