SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Familiar with Zoom online meeting collaboration?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Familiar with Zoom online meeting collaboration? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My company uses Zoom, a lot. We've had over 1k people on several calls of late (we disinfect shit like this going around) and it's been solid. The only issue we have ran into is it's taking a few hours now to get the recorded version back. It used to be just a few minutes, not a huge issue in the end though.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
today I used skype and zoom for meetings

Zoom

They all work fine,

The hot new one is slack that the new tech companies and Millenials are seeming to favor.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Wish I had bought stock in Zoom 4 days ago. Their stock is surging. A lot of other people already thought of it.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Ronin,

I sent you an email. I've worked for Zoom for 2 years and love the company and the platform. Lots of advantages over WebEx or MS Teams.

ANYONE can get an unlimited, free to use version of Zoom at zoom.us. The only limitation is that your free meetings end at 40 minutesif you have more than 2 people, and a few minor other things like no SSO for free users who are not part of a business plan.

Email me with questions.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My company uses Zoom - more than 2200 Zoom meetings one day this week. We have a large technology shop and they selected Zoom over the competitors.

I can account for a number of those meetings -- from 3 to 150 participants.

Good product, lots of flexibility on call services. For large groups, you can use a presenter panel mode that works well.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Many of the companies I work with use it. In fact, I had a conference call on it today.

For those looking for stock market bargains, buy Zoom. Their use is about to increase exponentially.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zoom is solid. We use it, among others. But they are all suffering from lack of bandwidth (dropped audio, etc.) as EVERYONE moves to online conferences now. Wish I would have bought that stock. Smile

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
How not to participate in a Zoom conference

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
To all my "invisible friends" who want to get started with Zoom, here is a helpful article from Forbes that covers everything I would tell you!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/r...ow-about-using-zoom/

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been using it for over 5 years. No issues until recently, but that’s probably a combination of demand on their end and my Comcast connection. We had a company meeting with almost 400 people and it worked. Works great in the office too.

I will say that I hate Skype

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
My wife is using it a lot lately with her school system working from home now. They are very pleased with it.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
My aikido dojo will be holding live online classes using this platform. I've already downloaded the app and signed up, but won't have any experience until next Tuesday when the first class goes live.

From what I see so far, it looks pretty good.

One of our sister dojos is doing the same. Rolling drills, aiki-taiso, Bokken work, etc.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My wife is using it extensively with her high school students.

And she has started an online "happy hour" with a handful of her friends every other day at 5:00 pm.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post