SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Secret Service CAT with First Lady - visiting hospital in Ghana
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Secret Service CAT with First Lady - visiting hospital in Ghana Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
Thought it was interesting to see members of what I assume is the Counter Assault Team inside the hospital during the First Lady's visit.

Screen caps from video:

I'm guessing the guy on the left is the medic?

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8wnrEqel7M

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'd say he's the medic, and more likely for the first lady a full on trauma doc.

Nice to see that CAT doesn't mess around when OCONUS or in Chicago. Broad daylight, wearing all cool guy business casual and NODS.

Very nice.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah I imagine they are ready to rock at the drop of a pin. It's FLOTUS after all, not some peasant Representative or some such peon. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Is the medic armed at all?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Okay you got me.

I was going to suggest this be mover to the main cat thread.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31426 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
IS that how she always travels or is this treatment reserved for locations deemed particularly high risk?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChicagoSigMan,

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Ghana is one of those shithole nations. I’d want my team to go all in too if I had to be there.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Nice to see that CAT doesn't mess around when OCONUS or in Chicago.

Yes it is as an indication that it’s possible to provide adequate security when warranted without worrying about how it “looks” to the world’s snowflakes.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some interesting commentary in the link

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hawkins
posted Hide Post
incidentally, the recent Medal of Honor recipient Ron Shurer, is a member of the Counter Assault Team.

https://www.military.com/daily...t-service-agent.html

quote:
Trump noted that Shurer is currently with the U.S. Secret Service, saying it was a "proud and special day for those of us here in the White House because Ron works right here alongside us." Shurer serves as part of the counter-assault team that protects the commander-in-chief.

--------------
July NoVA Sigshoot: Shooter's Paradise; 0900 (9AM) 23July05

My Signature is almost a decade out of date!

Posts: 4686 | Location: VA | Registered: April 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
first lady a full on trauma doc.

IS that how she always travels or is this treatment reserved for locations deemed particularly high risk?

I'd venture to say that they always have one close. The times I've worked with the USSS they always have a primary/secondary hospital, and a great trauma plan. Also, there are a lot of CAT guys that are paramedics (or higher) that are trigger pullers.

Many of the detail agents are paramedic or higher.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I the only comic book reader who sees CAT and thinks Covert Action Team? No one?

That’s a hall full of fuck-you-up right there.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:

Looks like he’s got the offense plays decoder on his wrist, so there’s that.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Am I the only comic book reader who sees CAT and thinks Covert Action Team? No one?

That's wild. Wink

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm one who thought "4-legged feline animal"....

However, I will say it appears that our First Lady is pretty well protected. It does my heart good to see such fine-looking and well-equipped troops performing that duty.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A two hour documentary about USSS is on NatGeo channel on Oct 14. I'm sure CAT will be mentioned.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...030005744#9030005744

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not surprised they're inside. Hosiptals can be sprawling, confusing places. Halls and halls of generically identical looking areas. Who here hasn't been turned around in one? Imagine trying to get from wherever you're staging vehicles outside to a specific place inside. And comms are often an issue in a hospital.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
first lady a full on trauma doc.

I'd venture to say that they always have one close. The times I've worked with the USSS they always have a primary/secondary hospital, and a great trauma plan. Also, there are a lot of CAT guys that are paramedics (or higher) that are trigger pullers.

Many of the detail agents are paramedic or higher.

Accidentally quoted the trauma doc part - what I meant was is it typical to travel with a full CAT team out in the open on full display or is this a particularly high risk outing?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:

Well, he's kinda armed.

(only makes sense if you read my "at all" rant some years ago.)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those dudes look pretty serious.

Have any Secret service folks come out with stories yet on how nice of not the Trumps are ? We heard quite a bit about Clinton’s behind closed doors and how the Bush 2 family was super nice and would stay local during holidays so the White House staff could see their families. But Bummer would insist on going to Hawaii with a full crew?

Posts: 4755 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post