SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dishwasher inlet valve timer question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dishwasher inlet valve timer question Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
I had problems with the inlet valve filling my 20 year old Kenmore dishwasher and replaced the inlet valve. Post valve install it still doesn't seem to fill to the point where it looks like the float switch would shut it off. Enough water is let in to do a good wash, just not as full as it could be if it filled until the float switch shut the inlet valve down.

Does the timer run the inlet valve for a specified interval at the beginning of a wash cycle, and for how long? Or does the inlet valve get actuated several times during the cycle until the float switch indicates a full sump?

I installed the specified flow restrictors in the valve kit. The flow restrictor washer was yellow and looked like the one with the largest orifice.

I didn't test for but have no reason to believe there is any flow restriction in the supply line.

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Usually they fill just enough to do a rinse, then depending on the unit, they can drain and refill or just add water to full level.

In any event, they fill till the float is actuated for the wash cycle.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post