SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why does the USPS make no sense?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why does the USPS make no sense? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I ordered a product online that left the distribution center in Macon GA on the 26th, from there it went to Augusta GA, then Charlotte where I live, from Charlotte it was routed to West Palm Beach FL, then Opa Locka Florida and now it's headed back to Charlotte? No wonder the Post office loses so much money...they waste so much fuel Razz

Ps: this is not the first time I have noticed this happen
FEDEX and UPS do the same thing occasionally. USPS just seems to do it more frequently than their profit seeking competition.

Here is an egregious UPS example - I ordered from RTIC in NW Houston and I live in N. Houston. UPS bounced that package of tumblers all over the CONUS. At the point where I could've crawled to RTIC and back faster, I called RTIC who in turn sent me a new package of tumblers and recalled the old package. New package arrived next day, and about a week later I got a UPS delivery notification for the original package arriving back at RTIC.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
FedEx ground is a disaster. UPS is not trustworthy with anything high value.

USPS seems to work pretty well, provided you print the bar codes on the label

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
When the democrats talk about single payer, USPS springs to mind. Does anyone want their medical run like USPS?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
If you sell a lot of stuff online USPS is still the best option for two reasons:

Using bubble mailers or small boxes and PayPal's shipping app you get a discount on First Class over standard counter rates and can mail up to 15 oz (13 oz. max at counter). There is also a significant discount on Priority using the PayPal app.

Regional Flat Rate boxes that you order online have saved me a bunch of money over the standard Flat Rate boxes. You will need an account at USPS online to print the necessary labels.
using the paypal link for first class and priority makes for a speedy process, and no line at the po drop off. and a while back i noticed using the paypal usps for the small flat rate box was a few cents cheaper than the usps click n ship.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post