SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the weirdest thing you like to eat??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the weirdest thing you like to eat?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I will eat pretty much anything as long as it tastes good and does not make me sick. That being said we don't really eat anything out of the ordinary.

When my wife and I travel (without the kiddos) and there is a Ritz around that is where we like to stay. Their breakfast buffet is pretty much unbeatable. I tend to eat my weight in smoked salmon over the duration of the stay.
We can't afford to eat smoked salmon like that very often at the house.
Which leads to my weird food eating and my wife it can't stand it usually won't eat breakfast with me if I am eating it.

Smoked Salmon flavored Philadelphia Cream Cheese is actually really good. While it is not the same as actual smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese it does suffice.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Do my peanut butter pickle sandwiches count..?

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Crispy, almost burnt fish skin...mostly trout skin.

If it's grilled just right, it's delicious.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Coagulated pork blood cubes with tripe. over rice.

Not weird to me, but I'm sure some of you are probably wondering wtf?

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
Do my peanut butter pickle sandwiches count..?

You consider this weird?

Jeez, we kids practically lived on these. Or peanut butter and onion slices. Of course the onions were fresh out of the garden.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
When in Germany, beef tongue and blood sausage on fresh farmer's bread, or fresh brotchen.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Nismo
posted April 05, 2017 08:51 PM Hide Post

Coagulated pork blood cubes with tripe.

^^^^ If you dropped that on the floor, I wouldn't even want to clean it up, let alone eat it. Big Grin

But, to each his own. I like sea snails, boiled and chopped into cubes, with garlic, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. And hot sauce.

Come to think of it, the snail pieces, which are more or less like eating an art eraser, are just the delivery system for the delicious, and hot, sauce.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing exotic but my wife thinks I'm crazy because I love to drink orange juice with chili.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably the sandwich I learned from my dad:

Peanut Butter, Bologna and Colby Cheese on Toast.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Ritz cracker with peanut butter and a banana pepper ring. (try it)

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
At a very formal and somewhat drunken hot-pot dinner party hosted by the People's Liberation Army, I was confronted with all manner of non-American foodstuffs. Examples:

Curdled ducks' blood
Braised duck heart (delicious)

I drew the line at uncooked duck intestines.

But there was one very special case: A bony, bloody red, oily bottom feeding fish from the local Yangtze River.

Every time I looked at it, all I could think was

What is the PCB concentration in that fish?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31429 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Cooked, cold baked potatoes.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I dip my grilled cheese in ketchup.

My wife puts ketchup on tacos and nachos. WTF.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Haggis and black pudding. When I was in college, on of my favorite drunk foods was Chicken in a Biscuit crackers and a can of EZ Cheez.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I love raw duck's intestines in a sugar cone, topped with coagulated pork blood cubes and tripe. And a maraschino cherry.

Nah, I'm just messin' wicha.... Razz

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I only ate it the one time, but I kept eating them after they told me what it was. Calf fries (aka Rocky Mountain oysters, prairie oysters, huevos de toro).

I also like to eat a dill pickle hamburger chip with each bite of creamy coleslaw.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Onion bagel with banana peppers

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Cooked, cold baked potatoes.

Those aren't weird...those are great!

Toasted peanut butter and bacon for me.

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I dip my grilled cheese in ketchup.

My wife puts ketchup on tacos and nachos. WTF.

I like mac & cheese with Heinz Ketchup.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
My grandma, rest her sweet soul, made menudo once in a while. I liked her menudo, but didnt know what I was eating till I got older.

I cannot imagine eating menudo that was made by anyone else. I don't give a damn if Gordon Ramsey himself duped her own recipie, no way, wouldn't doot, F-, slow shipping, never...

Add to my list MacDonalds and Arby's...I love taco bell too, but that's not weird, hell it's certified 85% real beef that They use...I dunno about the others and I dont care...

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post