SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's the best reason you have to be celebrating today ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the best reason you have to be celebrating today ? Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Today is my birthday.

Mine too. And I hit the big 60 also.

Nice. I have three years to go to meet my goal of living longer than Hitler.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still here. More importantly, the rest of my close family is still here. I sold some cows, 2 for a profit, 1 cutting my losses. Overall a pretty good day.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today is my birthday.

Happy birthday!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
The best would be I was able to get up and my left shoulder still works, and my right shoulder is slowly improving.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Celebrate? After a four hour mechanical delay in Williston, ND; I made my connection in Denver with 5 minutes to spare.

Otherwise I’d stay overnight in ND or Denver.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
Today is my birthday.

Mine too. And I hit the big 60 also.

Nice. I have three years to go to meet my goal of living longer than Hitler.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed then. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
As of yesterday afternoon, I can hear again!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Picked up my 2021 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD.

It came complete with an owners manual for a different model Frown

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My wife is out of town and I got the kids off to school just fine this morning on my own. My day is free today until I pick the kids up, so I'll vote and try to learn to hand sharpen knives today on the stones that were delivered yesterday. My wife dislikes the sound knife sharpening makes.

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
49 workdays and a wake-up to being retired!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
50 years ago today somewhere around 2330, I was being yelled at by a very angry Marine Sergeant in San Diego, CA. My life was changed forever.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I awoke to spend another day on this mortal coil..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
My Cut pretty much says it all.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
It’s Tuesday!

Every Tuesday I go to Shake Shack for the delish quarter lb. Shack Burger. Afterwards I’ll go to the adjacent T-Mobile store to order an iPhone 12 Pro. Then to my upscale grocery to pick up a case of half liter cans of Stiegl Gold beer – my favorite lager. I alternate the Stiegl with Guinness. Such good beers!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
My 81-year-old mother fell and broke her hip about three weeks ago. It’s repaired (rod and screws, not a full replacement) and my dad brought her home from the rehab facility, walking and COVID-free, yesterday.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Everyday, I have a date with Mrs Q, and each day is a day closer to Judgment Day.

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Got a new East wing hammer and a pair of Swiss pruning shears

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
42nd Wedding Anniversary. Big Grin

Lock N Load

Michael

USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I went to my Pop’s house after work and hung out with him for an hour. Pretty epic ending to a mediocre day.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark it on your calendar,
I got 12 out of 12 right on today's on line Jeopardy again !

Try your luck,
If I can do it . . . . .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post