SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WOOT SOG PowerLock Traveler Multi-Tool B61TR $49
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WOOT SOG PowerLock Traveler Multi-Tool B61TR $49 Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
Good find on Woot, SOG PowerLock Traveler Multi-Tool B61TR for $49, sells on Amazon for $75.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3627 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Must resist....

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about the different brands. How does SOG compare with Leatherman and Gerber?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
I saw that. No knife? No thanks.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Good tool...FYI that there is no blade on it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Marketed as "TSA Compliant"?!?!

I only wish I was kidding.

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:

For air travel.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:

For air travel.

It's almost not worth the hassle. I fly fairly often and carry a smaller version of this. EVERY time I go thru security the TSA goons study it, looking for the hidden blade. I tell them every time, "no blade", but I average an extra 3 or 4 minutes at security because I must be the first person who ever tried to carry a bladeless multi-tool thru security.

Interesting enough, recently I've just left it in my computer bag and let them X-Ray it. Not once have they pulled me aside to ask about it.

Government perception of security at it's best.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
IIRC Woot is Amazon now, so I always double check to make sure it really is a "WOOT!" heh.

Seems like a pretty good deal though. Thanks for the heads-up. It's nice to get some Christmas shopping ironed out early.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post