SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So what is your investment strategy in these apocalyptic times?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what is your investment strategy in these apocalyptic times? Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
I thought about selling off a lot prior to the election just in case Trump lost.
But did nothing.
Even now the possibility of Trump overcoming the mass conspiracy of the Media Cartel is up for grabs.
However, even with the Wu Flu, BLM Riots and the stealing of the election my portfolio has never been better!

You would think that if the election went as it really was cast with Trump winning handily we'd be
pushing 35 on the DOW very soon.

If Bite-Me prevails then that will NEVER happen but what has me perplexed is why haven't we dropped yet?
Certainly Biden isn't helping, I can't see Wall Street being happy with him and guess the news about the vaccine is propping everything up.

What kind of adjustments are you making, if any?

I am dumbfounded a bit ~ even my Uber buy when it went public (got it at $42) was down to $13 and now over $50 ?? with terrible earnings?? I seemed to luck out on that one.
Med stocks are doing well.
I am trying to wean off MF's with foreign stuff though.

I am skeptical about the good fortune lasting.

And you?

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dollar cost averaging in no load mutual funds such as Vanguard.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post

Thought I would just say that again.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
when you pump trillions of fiat into the money supply with the stroke of a pen what do you think will happen? Inflation or currency collapse is the way I read the tea leaves.

If inflation you want to stay fully invested in things that will keep up. Blue chips are for me, especially dividend aristocrats. Dogs of the dow theory is a good place to start.

If currency collapses life as we've known it is over and it's every man for himself.

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Even now the possibility of Trump overcoming the mass conspiracy of the Media Cartel is up for grabs.
However, even with the Wu Flu, BLM Riots and the stealing of the election my portfolio has never been better!

You would think that if the election went as it really was cast with Trump winning handily we'd be
pushing 35 on the DOW very soon.

If Bite-Me prevails then that will NEVER happen but what has me perplexed is why haven't we dropped yet?
Certainly Biden isn't helping, I can't see Wall Street being happy with him and guess the news about the vaccine is propping everything up.

Nothing is infallible, not even Wall Street, but they have a lot of smart folks trying to figure out what is going to happen and that is baked into prices. Who knows really, but I take the markets doing so well as a sign that they haven’t counted the election as done with a Biden win.

As far as what I am doing, just staying the course. Maintaining a diversified portfolio with slightly higher liquidity (to be better positioned for buying opportunities) and keeping on keeping on.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:

Started with them back in 1990. They are a great company.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Slight pullback into more fixed income and cash position with expectation of increased volatility in coming 2 months but with likely little net up or downside. Will be able to take advantage of any buy opportunities.

Move back to "normal" equities balance prior to mid-January. Expectation of whichever administration is in place some sort of additional stimulus or similar package will get passed. While that may have negative long term effects on inflation or national debt, it may likely help short term values.

"Don't fight the Fed" is a saying my personal advisor loves.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I know about Vanguard, my biggest long term money maker for me is the Vanguard Index Growth Fund (VIGAX).
I was just inquiring if anyone was making any strategy changes or just maintaining the course?
My concern is more short term safety at the moment.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know about Vanguard, my biggest long term money maker for me is the Vanguard Index Growth Fund (VIGAX).
I was just inquiring if anyone was making any strategy changes or just maintaining the course?
My concern is more short term safety at the moment.

Bitcoin. A five-year hold. That’s the only “change” I’ve made. But not my egg; just trimmings so if it’s a bust, so be it.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've heard the answer to you question is due to the apparent holding of the Senate by Republicans that would provide a check to the power of the Democrats in the House and executive branch. Since there are now two run-off elections in Georgia that could jeopardize this, it would seem prudent for the investor to pay close attention to these races.

Secondly, I think you're placing too much weight on the effect of the President on the stock market.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Stay the course. Our strategy has done us well for many years. We're in a position we never thought we'd be.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
No, I have not changed course. I anticipated a pre-election drop in the market and took advantage of that, but now I'm back to my regular scheduled programming. My theory is that uncertainty hurts the market moreso that any particular candidate winning. As far as I can tell, based on how the market has responded after the election, that the market has priced in the likely presidential outcome and the outcome of the various congressional races.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear we picked up a couple seats in the House and if we can hold the Senate, we might just be ok.

If we can have President Trump back to lead us, we will be kicking ass.
USA # 1

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Also, why hasn't it dropped yet--because we received cleverly timed announcements of Covid vaccines.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

Thought I would just say that again.

And again.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mostly in cash, but that is probably not a good strategy.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
heavy metals.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering about real estate. Not in a city or even suburb, but acreage outside of town a ways. 5 acres or so.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Bonds, long and short, silver and gold (hands on, not futures).

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
I'm expecting to see increased volatility in the next two months. Reduced some high flyers, added some VXX. We'll see.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post