SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump fires shot heard 'round the Executive Branch and not even a mention in the Mainsteam Media?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump fires shot heard 'round the Executive Branch and not even a mention in the Mainsteam Media? Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
I don't recall hearing so much as a peep from the media.

MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA.

quote:
Presidential Executive Order on a Comprehensive Plan for Reorganizing the Executive Branch

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

COMPREHENSIVE PLAN FOR REORGANIZING THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Purpose. This order is intended to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of the executive branch by directing the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (Director) to propose a plan to reorganize governmental functions and eliminate unnecessary agencies (as defined in section 551(1) of title 5, United States Code), components of agencies, and agency programs.

Sec. 2. Proposed Plan to Improve the Efficiency, Effectiveness, and Accountability of Federal Agencies, Including, as Appropriate, to Eliminate or Reorganize Unnecessary or Redundant Federal Agencies. (a) Within 180 days of the date of this order, the head of each agency shall submit to the Director a proposed plan to reorganize the agency, if appropriate, in order to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of that agency.

(b) The Director shall publish a notice in the Federal Register inviting the public to suggest improvements in the organization and functioning of the executive branch and shall consider the suggestions when formulating the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section.

(c) Within 180 days after the closing date for the submission of suggestions pursuant to subsection (b) of this section, the Director shall submit to the President a proposed plan to reorganize the executive branch in order to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of agencies. The proposed plan shall include, as appropriate, recommendations to eliminate unnecessary agencies, components of agencies, and agency programs, and to merge functions. The proposed plan shall include recommendations for any legislation or administrative measures necessary to achieve the proposed reorganization.

(d) In developing the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section, the Director shall consider, in addition to any other relevant factors:

(i) whether some or all of the functions of an agency, a component, or a program are appropriate for the Federal Government or would be better left to State or local governments or to the private sector through free enterprise;

(ii) whether some or all of the functions of an agency, a component, or a program are redundant, including with those of another agency, component, or program;

(iii) whether certain administrative capabilities necessary for operating an agency, a component, or a program are redundant with those of another agency, component, or program;

(iv) whether the costs of continuing to operate an agency, a component, or a program are justified by the public benefits it provides; and

(v) the costs of shutting down or merging agencies, components, or programs, including the costs of addressing the equities of affected agency staff.

(e) In developing the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section, the Director shall consult with the head of each agency and, consistent with applicable law, with persons or entities outside the Federal Government with relevant expertise in organizational structure and management.

Sec. 3. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
March 13, 2017.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I suppose this constitutes the same story, albeit from a very different and predictable slant. From CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/...overnment/index.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
And so it begins. . . ha ha ha!

The left will be screaming their patooties off. Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
whether some or all of the functions of an [agency] are appropriate for the Federal Government or would be better left to State or local governments or to the private sector through free enterprise

Right on. Big Grin

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
whether some or all of the functions of an [agency] are appropriate for the Federal Government or would be better left to State or local governments or to the private sector through free enterprise

Right on. Big Grin

Indeed. It's a rare politician that will trim his own power.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
He does know of running a business. I like this and hope the Feds dont think they now have the authority to mandate the States into political waste.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
a bout time

thanks President Trump

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
A lot of "dead wood" will be seeking retirement.

Also a lot of busy work could be eliminated from outside sources and contractors.

Good way to pay for all the real things that need to be done. Another WIN. Now to go take a nap. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Fantastic

quote:
whether the costs of continuing to operate an agency, a component, or a program are justified by the public benefits it provides;

This, alone, ought to eliminate a great many things, if they're honest with themselves.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
My Ron Swanson civil servant dreams are coming to fruition.

Posts: 2461 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
My Ron Swanson civil servant dreams are coming to fruition.

Indeed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
He was not the President I had wanted. I was wrong. He is the President we need.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
I suppose this constitutes the same story, albeit from a very different and predictable slant. From CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/...overnment/index.html

I liked their headline, but was dismayed when I started reading the story and saw they were making it out to be a bad thing...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
What would you expect from CNN? Anything Trump wants to do is BAD. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7266 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm still not sure where we are going with Trump but I sure like seeing all the worthless people he is pissing off.
We have needed someone to break some China for a long time. Not just slow the rate of increase in government, real cutting and the deeper the better.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
(b) The Director shall publish a notice in the Federal Register inviting the public to suggest improvements in the organization and functioning of the executive branch and shall consider the suggestions when formulating the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section.

Smile

Line forms at the rear, guys!

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I would hope that any organization that doesn't respond with cuts voluntarily gets an automatic 50% budget reduction

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post