SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hmm... Can't load Drudge Report from Spain.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hmm... Can't load Drudge Report from Spain. Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted
Local WIFI, both Barcelona and Torla don't resolve the drudgereport.com

Interesting.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have a VPN service that works on my iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook that usually gets around censorship like that. I've used it in Canada, the UK, and Alaska's arctic cirlce (might as well be a different country).

For example, I was sitting in a sports bar, and wanted to look up 2 beers on their menu and was shocked to find their wifi blocked alcohol. Activated the VPN and instantly I'm reading what beeradvocate has to say about the 2 beers in question.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Gracias Senor!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I have a VPN service that works on my iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook that usually gets around censorship like that. I've used it in Canada, the UK, and Alaska's arctic cirlce (might as well be a different country).

For example, I was sitting in a sports bar, and wanted to look up 2 beers on their menu and was shocked to find their wifi blocked alcohol. Activated the VPN and instantly I'm reading what beeradvocate has to say about the 2 beers in question.

If you don't mind can you tell what VPN service you recommend?

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Zenmate works great. I don't travel w/o a VPN.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure Spain has anything to do with it. Drudge has been redirecting me to some bullshit site all day as if someone is fucking with it.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Disable Javascript for Drudge.

If that doesn't resolve it - put an "i" in front of the URL:

http://www.idrudgereport.com/

Loads a basic page without all the hoopla, but you can at least get there and navigate.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
quote:

Any reason why you wouldn't just leave the VPN on all the time?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
quote:

Any reason why you wouldn't just leave the VPN on all the time?
It's on all the time when on my computers because it autoloads. I have to manually turn on for the iphone and iPad. Don't need vpn when browsing on cellular so I usually turn it on when joining a 3rd party wifi. I don't care if anyone snoops on a BeerAdvocate review so it's hit or miss turning it on.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Bill, are you looking for a retirement home over there?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post