SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Camp pillow for a bad neck

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Camp pillow for a bad neck Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted
Could anyone suggest a good camp pillow for someone with neck pain? It's hard to find one with high loft that has some firmness to it.

If I can't find something could I cut a Z memory foam pillow to the size I want? They go on sale pretty often and I've thought about using the middle section and securing it in a new pillowcase.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I was just in Costco and bought some memory foam pillows very cheaply. Bought them for tent/car camping (too big for backpacking).

posted Hide Post
I haven't found anything that works for me except Advil. I never go camping without it.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Report This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Pillowcase stuffed with a couple of folded pairs of jeans seems to work best for me. Takes up less space in the pack, too.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Report This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Nemo Fillo. Best camping pillow I've found in decades of camping. Not sure if it will work for your neck.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Try this Thermarest Camp Pillow

I've had mine for about 2 years. Believe I have the medium size. It's a great pillow, I just keep it in the truck. It rolls up very small but when uncompressed it is firm but allows for the shape of your neck or head. Mine goes with me anytime I travel.

Made in the USA if that matters

Posts: 728 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sauer Kraut:
Try this Thermarest Camp Pillow

I've had mine for about 2 years. Believe I have the medium size. It's a great pillow, it fact i just keep it in the truck. It rolls up very small but when uncompressed it is very firm but allows for the shape of your neck or head. Mine goes with me anytime I travel.

Made in the USA if that matters

That's what I carry for back-packing. Very good.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
The inflatable work best for mine.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
Nemo Fillo. Best camping pillow I've found in decades of camping. Not sure if it will work for your neck.

^^^^ This

http://www.nemoequipment.com/p...llo%20(Moss%20Green)

It's inflatable (infinitely adjustable) with 'Luxury Foam' and a washable Microsuede cover....Extremely comfortable! Cool

I've got the Std. size - 10.5" x 17"
There's also a luxury size - 11.5" x 20"

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fillo™ is soft and yielding, yet substantial enough for side-sleepers.

I never put much thought into it, but being a side-sleeper is probably why I have such problems finding one.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post