SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you discuss the topic of gender fluidity with your kids?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you discuss the topic of gender fluidity with your kids? Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:...

You're talking about apples and Porsches.

Will there be Porsche pie?

I like pie!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
The SJWs who just think it's trendy to say they are non-binary gender fluid beings are full of shit.

I agree, but many posters here seem unwilling to acknowledge that what I described exists.

I know it exists as well, I've watched the medical documentaries, regarding exactly what you said about the timing of the hormones in the uterus. I used to think the other extreme as some have already expressed, but if they're scientific minded, they can see the easy to understand medical explanation. If they reject the science (the real science, not the same kind of science as climate change etc), they they're closing their eyes to reality. It IS possible to have dissonance between science and religion, and you have to come up with a way to live with both, even if they are 100% opposed. It sounds crazy, but when you've studied these things long enough, you will find lots of things in life that are diametrically opposed but still both true.

What you guys are talking about is a medical condition called intersex. It's a tiny percentage of the population that is biologically affected by this condition.

What the original poster is talking about is the concept of 'gender fluidity' which is a social construct saying that your gender can fluctuate on a day to day basis.

Great point. But what's been said may still be relevant because people with these chromosome / genetic conditions suffer, particularly if they never learn about their condition. To suffer and know why you suffer is a great advantage, the other way, a great disadvantage, if you watch the medical documentaries on these conditions, you will see much suffering of very good people. So calling a kind and law abiding fellow citizen evil because they suffer from this is, well, you might call that bad in some sense.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

I like pie!

With vanilla ice cream!

Shit, no vanilla, that stuff is racist as hell. We need to be inclusive, I am mandating Neapolitan for all.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great point. But what's been said may still be relevant because people with these chromosome / genetic conditions suffer, particularly if they never learn about their condition. To suffer and know why you suffer is a great advantage, the other way, a great disadvantage, if you watch the medical documentaries on these conditions, you will see much suffering of very good people. So calling a kind and law abiding fellow citizen evil because they suffer from this is, well, you might call that bad in some sense.

Absolutely. Anyone with the biological condition deserves all the compassion in the world. Even the ones who are mentally incapacitated deserve pity and treatment for their condition.

What we don't need to be doing is normalizing this social construct that says there is no such thing as gender and that it can change daily based on how you feel. That does no one any good. The reality is that there are biological males and biological females. There is a very tiny percentage of people born with a biological condition called intersex where the gender is confused.

There is no such thing as 'gender fluidity' in the real world.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
As mentioned so artfully throughout this thread "Gender Fluidity" is another liberal/progressive bastardization of the language to try and create an issue where none exists, and to try and re-define the concept of what is normal.

As to teaching kids about the sexes, its really ridiculously simple as evidenced by the knowledge I imparted to my son. The simply approach is to have them pull down their britches and look south. Those with 'hardware' hanging are boys/men. Those without hanging hardware are girls/women. End of story. This is not open for debate or argument.

And as for the infinitesimally small percentage of people with screwed up genetics mentioned above, the easiest way to view them is in an assembly line scenario. In manufacturing, as well as in most aspects of life, a very small percentage of defects is deemed acceptable and does not warrant any redesign of general policy to address.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:

Absolutely. Anyone with the biological condition deserves all the compassion in the world. Even the ones who are mentally incapacitated deserve pity and treatment for their condition.

What we don't need to be doing is normalizing this social construct that says there is no such thing as gender and that it can change daily based on how you feel. That does no one any good. The reality is that there are biological males and biological females. There is a very tiny percentage of people born with a biological condition called intersex where the gender is confused.

There is no such thing as 'gender fluidity' in the real world.

Let's start a thread about intersex people to keep it out of the conversation about transsexual and indoctrination of children towards this lifestyle choice. This should keep the lines of thinking separate.

I am all for compassion for those that have medical conditions or unfortunate draw of mixed sex hormones which is different from those that choose to don a dress.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

I like pie!

With vanilla ice cream!

Shit, no vanilla, that stuff is racist as hell. We need to be inclusive, I am mandating Neapolitan for all.

So we're talking about the pink stripe this thread? Smile

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
As mentioned so artfully throughout this thread "Gender Fluidity" is another liberal/progressive bastardization of the language to try and create an issue where none exists, and to try and re-define the concept of what is normal.

As to teaching kids about the sexes, its really ridiculously simple as evidenced by the knowledge I imparted to my son. The simply approach is to have them pull down their britches and look south. Those with 'hardware' hanging are boys/men. Those without hanging hardware are girls/women. End of story. This is not open for debate or argument.

Yeah, unfortunately, some on here missed the point entirely, and tried to pull a medical education on us. I stand by what I said.

If you don't see what the hell is happening in this country, you're just wilfully ignorant.

Btw, show of hands, who here heard the term gender fluidity, say, 2 years ago. Be honest.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Yeah, unfortunately, some on here missed the point entirely, and tried to pull a medical education on us. I stand by what I said.

If you don't see what the hell is happening in this country, you're just wilfully ignorant.

Btw, show of hands, who here heard the term gender fluidity, say, 2 years ago. Be honest.

This ^^^^ with a shit ton of exclamation points.

Points to the cutesy arguments, but that wasn't what the conversation was about. It was about the progressives telling us what our children need to learn about. I will decide that PERIOD. It will not include the trans on the bus goes down down down, down down down.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Don't have kids so I cannot answer the question, but, if I had I'm afraid I'd have to tell them it's something about which they'd have to make up their own minds.

I'm also not out to beat up anybody in the LGBTQ community. Any more than I'm out to beat up people with any of the array of phobias, psychoses, psychological dependencies, etc. Nonetheless, I regard "gender fluidity" as a mental health issue.
My situation exactly. People who "identify" as something other than the sex they were born with need counseling, lots of it. The VERY few who have real physical abnormalities need other help.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
tell them the truth - there's no such thing

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Gender fluid? Who comes up with this crap?

If my four year old granddaughter ever asks me about it, my response would simply be that the world is filled with screwed up people and she best get used to it.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post