SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chinese satellite predicted to crash 6:33am ET on Easter Sunday
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chinese satellite predicted to crash 6:33am ET on Easter Sunday Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
jhe, what is your point? You came in here before with this "The sky is falling" stuff.

Shit falls from the sky. Some of it doesn't burn up completely. Some of THAT stuff hits people or their property. Think it never happens? You're wrong. Of course this won't hit you, but it may hit someone. Have you downplayed this enough? Are you satisfied with the degree to which you have set yourself apart from the unsophisticated yokels in this thread?

And don't act innocent and wounded and ask me why I'm saying this to you. On a consistent basis, you minimize the fears, concerns and anger that some people feel. You do it all the time, as if you know something the rest of us don't, and it is VERY off-putting.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the heavens-above site is not real time for something like this, the orbital elements were changing too quick for it to keep up with the actual position but it was 'close' until about 10 hours from the end

for stuff where the elements are well known, its pretty accurate

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Not only am I a deplorable but now I'm a Yokel Big Grin

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
A meteorite shower was due over my neck of the woods some time ago, maybe a year i don't remember. Anyway after it was over, I found a piece of iron on the bottom of my pool. it was a thin flake shaped piece of iron about the size of a US half dollar coin. very cool. I think it's safe to assume if fell from space. when the russian space station came down some years ago, i watched a piece of it flame down into the back yard of one of my neighbors. it was bright vivid colors, with a small tail, and at first I wasn't sure if it would hit my house and catch something on fire. it was predicted that some could fall in our area. you could hear it clearly. that was cool.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
There was a comedy about a girl who was killed by a toilet seat falling from space. IIRC, "Dead Like Me"

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we aren't done with the crashing of things quite yet

tomorrow, a rocket body launched by India back in 2012 should come back

the PSLV rocket body was used to launch a remote sensing satellite

should also be some debris from an 2007 Ariane 5 launch

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I wonder if we stopped launching everything tomorrow, how long would it take for everything to come down?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
last estimate I heard was 400 years

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Coke bottles and Canadian life rafts from space change people's lives. Smile

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
I thoroughly enjoyed that movie!
Paid to see it twice...

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to see if there was any photos and/or videos.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsmack:
I thoroughly enjoyed that movie!
Paid to see it twice...

Don

I did too. I wonder if it's available on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I'll have to look for it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post