SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chinese satellite predicted to crash 6:33am ET on Easter Sunday
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chinese satellite predicted to crash 6:33am ET on Easter Sunday Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
giving "we're having Chinese delivered" a whole new meaning.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Do we get a happy ending?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Do they want a zombie apocalypse? Because this is how "Night of the Living Dead" started... A crash-landing space probe carrying space zombie bacteria/radiation.

+1 ... snortle.

The NLD virus pandemic.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
A spacecraft called Heavenly Palace is 'returning' to Earth at dawn ET on Easter Sunday...

Maybe they should start calling it "Heavenly Flowering Chrysanthemum with Sparkles and Report".

I see we frequent some of the same shops.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This makes for the beginnings of a good (debatable) dystopian series. Under the guise of an "uncontrollable" satellite/station a foreign country is able to detonate a hidden nuke causing an EMP nightmare. Danger and madness ensues, DHS, FEMA and other rogue agencies go off the charts, and a small town fights back after the main person fights his way back to his family in the first book....warm up the word processors boys and girls!

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Question: if Chinese junk lands on a Walmart, how would we know?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
A web site to track the satellite.

“Tiangong 1 imminent re-entry
You can follow the path of Tiangong-1 as it approaches re-entry with our new live ground track display.”

The “live ground track display” link is within.

www.heavens-above.com

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Question: if Chinese junk lands on a Walmart, how would we know?

Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think it hitting New York or Chicago might be seen as a god thing - urban renewal on the cheap

Beijing is a great alternate and sort of karmic...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
I'm betting Easter Island on Easter Sunday.

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:The path of where debris will enter the atmosphere is highly unpredictable, and if any pieces do make it to earth, the chances that they hit anyone are pretty damn small. Much of the possible "danger zone" is ocean.

There isn't actually much to worry about.

Unless there's a toliet seat aboard. They made a whole TV series about that.

Wink

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Someone said.... "Danger Zone" ?

Sterling Archer

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Someone said.... "Danger Zone" ?

Sterling Archer

Dunni, dunni, dunna. Da di dunt dunt daaaaa
Revvin' up your engine...

Is it full of rubber dog shit from Hong Kong?

Posts: 10826 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I think the Chinese ought to make this fun and put a target in the ocean, like Taco Bell did when Mir was going to crash. If the satellite hits the target, everybody gets a free 12' tape measure from Harbor Freight.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the highly toxic chemicals will add to climate change? You know, make it warmer?

We'll call it SPRING!

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do we get fortune cookies?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
30 minutes later we'll want to get hit again.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

The space craft is carrying highly toxic chemicals and could could crash into a number of highly populated areas, researchers claim.

Areas that could be hit include New York, Barcelona, Beijing, Chicago, Istanbul, Rome and Toronto.

When the station does eventually enter the atmosphere it could unleash a 'series of fireballs' that will be seen by observers. …”

Sensationalist horse shit. Yeah, and it could land on Para's servers, wiping out Sigforum. It could land in Hilary's hole. It could land in Joe Biden's big ass mouth. It could land on a Florida high school, in which case they would promptly call for common sense space ship control.

This stupid thing is going to land in the Indian or Pacific oceans. It can join that missing plane from Malaysia.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Updated crash time prediction: Sunday, April 1, 10am, EDT, +/-16 hours.

For what it’s worth: “There is 'no need for people to worry', the China Manned Space Engineering Office (CMSEO) said on its WeChat social media account.”

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetec...ion-hit-country.html

Serious about crackers

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
It could land in Hilary's hole. It could land in Joe Biden's big ass mouth. It could land on a Florida high school, in which case they would promptly call for common sense space ship control.
Oh, look! Politics! Thanks ever so much for bringing politics into this thread. I can't get enough of that shit.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post