SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wheeling in Red River, NM (Jeep Stuff)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wheeling in Red River, NM (Jeep Stuff) Login/Join 
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted
I took the Jeep on some ROV trails in Red River. Everybody else had an ROV (whatever that means).

Sorry. I forgot how to embed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: enidpd804,

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Looks fun. How was the green chile?

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
It's been a while, but I've 'wheeled and camped up in that part of the state. Very pretty!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
That looks like a fun trail. I’d love to take my Taco out on that.
I’m sidelined from off roading for a couple more weeks while I heal from surgery.
Any mods done to the Jeep?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beancooker,

I've been following your threads on your Taco. I really miss the desert southwest, can't wait to get back.

Slight thread drift - I don't normally follow Youtube rabbit trails, but I found the "Matt's Off Road Recovery" channel. He's based out of Hurricane UT, and does off-road vehicle recoveries within probably a 4-6 hour driving radius. It's been fascinating watching his videos. And also uplifting in an odd sort of way. He doesn't call out any of his rescued as idiots, incompetents, or anything else. He actually goes to effort to portray and deal with them as fairly normal people that just got in over their heads. In terms of things going wrong and learning a lesson, his approach seems to be that this is a relatively painless way to do it in the grand scheme of things.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ YES on Matts Off Road Recovery.

Did you see the recent video where they recovered a pickup that something like 4 others had previously tried to recover?

Matt is a kind and decent man.

And you have to just love ol' Ed.

(Hopefully Warren won't mind me sidetracking his thread).

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/r8IfXPm9zrU

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one that was slid off the side of a shelf road, where they used two recovery vehicles, one from the side and one from behind? Yes, that was fascinating!

There was also one where a Jeep slid off the side of the road into what was found to be a sinkhole that had the potential to completely swallow it. That one was good too!

ETA - That's the one! Here's the sinkhole one:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRPHXMLLu_w

- Dave Barry

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Nice video, looks like a fun trail. Tell us a bit about your Jeep? When I do trails like this I go into 4WD and disconnect the sway bar, do you do the same.

I pass Matt quite a bit on the road, he's always heading somewhere. It's pretty amazing where rental cars get stuck! I've never met him but his friend Casey's shop did a lot of work on my Jeep.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Sorry Warren. We're really enjoying your thread.

And Matts video You Took Your Hyundai Where? Is just gold to watch.

And You Took Your Prius Where is just amazing how people can get into the worst predicaments.

I had no idea that Utah had such beautiful scenery. I've seen amazing landscapes through Matts videos.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:
Looks fun. How was the green chile?

Great.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
That looks like a fun trail. I’d love to take my Taco out on that.
I’m sidelined from off roading for a couple more weeks while I heal from surgery.
Any mods done to the Jeep?

Just the bumper. Everything else is trail-rated Rubicon.

Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

(Hopefully Warren won't mind me sidetracking his thread).

I love it!