SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Army Selects SIG Optic For Squad Designated Marksman Rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Army Selects SIG Optic For Squad Designated Marksman Rifle Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
http://soldiersystems.net/2018...ated-marksman-rifle/

Earlier this year, the Army conducted a Limited User Evaluation of the Squad Designated Marksman Rifle. Based on the M110A1 Compact Semi Automatic Sniper System program, SDMR consists of a 7.62 NATO G28 rifle built by Heckler & Koch, equipped with an OSS Suppressor and Harris Bipod. The missing piece was the optic.

The Army’s Program Manager for Soldier Weapons invited industry, through the Tailored Logistics Support program, to submit 1-6x variable optics for the evaluation. They selected the SIG Optics TANGO6 1-6x Optic. It is a front focal optic and may recall that we previously covered this scope during Enforce Tac. Please note that this is not the mount which will be used on SDMR.

This optic was chosen specifically for the SDMR and as of now, the Directed Requirement is 6,069 systems. Funding is set for FY19.

pics at link

wiki says Designated Marksman shoots out to max 800 to 1,000 m

Posts: 19547 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, that'll either put SIG optics on the map or not. I'm sure it's a good scope, but I'm definitely looking forward to hearing about the feedback and scuttlebutt.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's quite an endorsement. I've been looking at the latest crop of 1-6 and 1-8 scopes. This SIG offering is worth a look.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107430 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I like mine, glass is good. However it is heavy.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No way!

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
No way!

?? Care to expand

This does bring Sig into consideration, curious what the SOCOM recital is and why its different...

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
No way!

Posts: 4983 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it'll get a workout by the Army - interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The Army better hurry because SIG’s web site says they only have a couple of them left in stock Razz

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any idea where or who Sig's scopes and electronic sights are made? I'm pretty sure Sig doesn't manufacture them themselves.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from the OP link

“SIG SAUER Electro-Optics fuses superior optical designs, advanced electronic technologies, and ruggedized mechanical systems tested to MIL-STD-810G at our R&D and assembly facility in Oregon, USA,” added Andy York, President SIG SAUER Electro-Optics."

https://www.sigsauer.com/products/electro-optics/

Posts: 19547 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cycler:
Any idea where or who Sig's scopes and electronic sights are made? I'm pretty sure Sig doesn't manufacture them themselves.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8610003793

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107430 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Romeo 5 red dot as does my wife, so far I like it.

Hope it does well for the military.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
SIG seems to have done well positioning themselves as a possible one stop shop for the military. Handguns, Rifles, SMG, ammo, optics. Hell they should spool up a uniform and boot shop. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7667 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
SIG seems to have done well positioning themselves as a possible one stop shop for the military. Handguns, Rifles, SMG, ammo, optics. Hell they should spool up a uniform and boot shop. Smile

Don't get too carried away, they may just inquire about a new camo pattern.

Posts: 14624 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I have a Meopta K Dot on one carbine and a Steiner 1-4 on another. They are expensive so I'm looking for an alternate.

Scouts Out

Posts: 1118 | Registered: May 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

Years ago, I bought a green canvas, conceal-carry jacket from Sig. It has HUGE inside pockets that you can carry a laptop on one side and a p556 on the other. Ratty, worn and full of holes. It is still my favorite jacket.

Mrs Fenris hates it.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post