SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    34 years married today...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

34 years married today... Login/Join 
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your anniversary. Wishing you many more.

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Good for you! The wife and I just passed 28 years on the 17th.

RK

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations !! I had 30 wonderful years with my wife...

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
congrats and many more - you sound happy Big Grin

I am happy. It would seem, that the Lord has indeed blessed me with a tolerant, forgiving, and loving wife.

I am saddened to see threads from others where their marriages are suffering or failing. I am heartened to see posts within my thread that speak to other successful marriages.

It is a shame that our society does not celebrate long marriages as much as it celebrates non-unions.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
stick-to-it-iveness is something you should take pride in. congratulations on the milestone.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! 35 here for me and mine.
Funny how the difficult times seem vague but the good times are easily recalled.

Best to you and yours'.

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Congrats and God bless.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!
We're coming upon 32 in a couple months.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My wife and i are at 8.5 years right now. 34 seems like a lifetime! Wink

Congratulations, and a raise of a glass to 34 more!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I've got 37 years of service myself. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWills
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Wife and I celebrated 40 years last month. How does a marriage survive that long? Well, you just both have to want it to.

I was ​always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps ​getting harder to find one.

Posts: 392 | Location: Mark Twain land, MO | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post