SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    General question on Gun Advertising
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

General question on Gun Advertising Login/Join 
posted
I heard an ad on the radio the other day from either lower Alabama or the Florida panhandle advertising the prices on various firearms from Ruger LCPs to entry level AR 15s. I do not recall hearing such as direct advertising and am curious as to the practices in other parts of the country.

What is your experience as to such advertising?

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
nope (eastern NC)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
A couple stations here in Tucson have advertisements for local gun stores. The stations both feature more talkradio and news formats.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Occasionally on the radio here in Northern Virginia.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
2 or 3 of the local gun stores advertise regularly on talk radio around here.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FN has run a couple of commercials on the local conservative talk station here. (WORD 106.3) First one was for the FNS9 and most recently the FN 509.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
The store I work at has commercials on several local stations, but we don't advertise our prices.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
best gun store in Toledo sometimes advertises on a local cable channel. He says it seems to make a difference.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I get gun show and gun shop advertising on cable channels, newspaper and radio. One of the local ad papers, whose name escapes me at the moment, has an entire firearms section.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The “trading post” on Jerkwater’s lame AM station accepts ads for firearms from individuals but I’ve never heard an ad for a gun shop.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I hear radio adds on local talk radio for North Georgia Reloading (who also build and sell AR15s) who IIRC, in the past have advertised prices in the radio spots. Even though I rarely listen to radio anymore, I know they still advertise.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
My preferred station, 95.9 The Ranch, here in Fort Worth typically has 3-4 different ads for various gun stores around the West DFW area running at any given time.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ads for gun SHOWS from time to time in MO, on mainly talk oriented radio.
Stations that carry Rush, Hannity, Levin etc.

Also mainly in between the big red dots on the East and West sides of the state.

Direct store advertising I don't recall and certainly not with mention of specific items.

Posts: 169 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
There's a guy here who does a conservative talk show weekday afternoons. He's a huge 2A proponent. Carries to work with his boss's approval, etc. He also does radio ads for one of the LGS's.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I hear ads for gun stores and ranges in NJ and the Philly area.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Both radio & newspaper advertising in Houston.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post