SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where to sell old jewelry? Warning: semi-picture heavy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to sell old jewelry? Warning: semi-picture heavy Login/Join 
posted
I have an pretty simple woman’s diamond ring from years ago. Any suggestions on where/how to sell it to maximize how much I get for it?

Thanks in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barsad0,

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I have gotten the best money from jewelers who actually make jewelry for the metal. Most jewelers are not interested in diamonds of less than 1 full carat & sold on consignment basis with 70/30 split. Give the small stones away. YMMV.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
jewelers who actually make jewelry

Contact SF's own David Truong?

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

That is where I would start.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
If you can post a pic, that would help. I have family that does estimates for estate sales, and has collected watches, knives, and jewelry for many decades now. He’s very knowledgeable.

Regardless, I agree, Dave Truong would be a good resource.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
If you can post a pic, that would help. I have family that does estimates for estate sales, and has collected watches, knives, and jewelry for many decades now. He’s very knowledgeable.

Here are some pictures.. forgive my lack of photography skills.

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the nice words. Barsado my email isdavid@mimisjewelryinc.com. I can send you and insured label and evaluate for you. No commitment.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
I will speak with my wife about an old ring, and if you don't mind, I will contact you as well. Thank you

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post