SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OK I'm making my Parmesan Roasted Squash
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK I'm making my Parmesan Roasted Squash Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
From the SigForm Cook Book.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I need to try that. Like zucchini but am not a fan of yellow squash. It grows like crazy though.

The pigs and chickens like it so I grow plenty to help offset feed cost. I also dehydrate a fair amount to use to supplement their feed in the winter.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Looking good SC. I'm looking forward to our zucchini to come to harvest. There are so many ways to enjoy it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
You are a man after my own heart...love me some squash Big Grin...that looks like it will be awesome!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
What is this Sigforum Cookbook you speak of?

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
waiting for the after pic,,

wife would be all over the squash, I would be picking out the onions

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
What is this Sigforum Cookbook you speak of?

This. I know Sigmonkey was working on one. Is it done?

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
SigForm Cook Book?

Where do I find this?

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loves me some squash. Going to sautee some butternut tomorrow to go with grilled lamb chops and a kale salad.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Woof. What are you dieting ? Big Grin. That needs to be to the top of that dish. I'm still waiting on a rerun of your green tomato sandwiches. Its that time of year you know.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
SC is a great cook. Hopefully he will post the recipe.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That looks yummy

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
SC is a great cook. Hopefully he will post the recipe.
He did in the Sigforum Cookbook thread

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Thank you, tatortodd.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
OK I got busy and didn't get a chance to photograph the results.
But it was awesome as usual.

Here's where I made it before.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Looks great! But canned parm always disappointsme.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do a grilled salad, zucchini, squash, onion, scallions, (maybe asparagus) olive oil, some seasoning, and toss it on the grill.

I might just do that tonight.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post