SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I rescued a kitteh today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I rescued a kitteh today Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
My wife brought this little jerk home last week. He has an obsession with attacking feet. The other cats don’t like him so far.

https://postimg.org/image/48efw70ey3/

Can’t get the image to post

we do a lot of foster work (always at least 2-3 foster cats cycling through), and have three permanent cats. The technique we use, that has worked every time is:

- keep the new cat(s) in a separate room for a week
- week two let the old cat(s) in to meet the new cat for very short periods (depending on how they react)
- week three let the new cat out while you are there and keep an eye on all of them, put the new cat back in their room while you are away from the house
- week 4 they should be pretty much good to go

It takes some tweaking per situation of course.. our most recent permanent cat made herself right at home after week one, and the other two permanent cats were fine with it surprisingly.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
a footfish L, going to be a serial killer! Wink

congrats.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
cmr one of our cats is an ancient demon weasel. He likes my wife and everyone else can die. The other cat is a spaz and freaks out at the strangest things. He loves dogs, runs from other cats. My wife always finds the absolute weirdest animals.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
In the past, for the very most part I've always had a dog or dogs but, I'm finding that cats though can have very unique personalties, they're just fascinating. So many laughs and hysterical antics, you just gotta love them! Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I thought I’d give y’all a little update on Sylvester. After a few skirmishes with my other kitteh he has become an indoor/outdoor kitteh and he loves it. I have never seen a cat that acts like him, he is quite dog like. Sylvester hangs around my kids, even plays with them on their playground in the back yard. Any time I call him he comes running and plops down and purrs loudly. He is obedient and comes when called every time. When we go out on our lake on a canoe or kayak he sits on the dock and waits for us. He even went on a kayak ride with me though he wasn’t very fond of that. Rescuing that big boy was one of the most rewarding things I’ve done, this cat is one of the most loving creatures I’ve ever met. He LOVES our family and loves to be around my kids. We got very lucky to find this kitteh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. Sounds like a great addition to the family.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good job, stick.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That IS special! As HE is special. Good boy S Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Sufferin succotash that is a happy looking kitty

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that he’s fitting in with the family. Having a cat is a truly rewarding experience.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Decent Big Grin

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Very nice...we have a grey tuxedo. Always nice to see one rescued into a good home. Bravo!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Such a sweet looking boy. Glad he turned out to be such a good kitteh. We had a cat like that when I was a kid. His name was Sassafrass.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post