SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wait for it...Yoga is now promoting white supremacy...
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Wait for it...Yoga is now promoting white supremacy... Login/Join 
posted
Guess I’d better tell my Yoga-teaching wife...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...rofessor-claims.html

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I wonder how Indians feel about it.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I do yoga once a week as part of my fitness program. I do it because I love the stretch it gives me and it helps with core strength and balance.

However, if it pisses off a liberal, well, that’s just a bonus Big Grin

I’ll “appropriate” whatever I damn well please deary. Mmkay?

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Hey hey, Booboo! We're being called racists now!"

Yeah, yoga. The one started by them brown skinned people over in India? It's racist?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Well, it's a Michigan State University article with as much credibility to it as Larry Nassar.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Serious question: who are the "people of the global South" referenced in that article? Also "cisheteropatriarchy."

posted Hide Post
That's why when I do it, I just call it "stretching". Wink

Saves awkward (for them) conversations with SJWs at the Gym.

Wait, I've never had a Gym membership, look I'm already checkin' my privelage! Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Huh. I’ll have to tell my wife. She’ll be so disappointed.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
"Shreena Gandhi, a religious studies professor at Michigan State". - She needs to give back the culturally-appropriated laptop on which she tapped out her screed, along with her culturally-appropriated smart phone.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I knew it, I just knew it.

Jesus, what next? Roll Eyes

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Shreena Gandhi looks to be Caucasian. What's this all about? She is white people.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Hey Ghandi... You are appropriating white culture from Ann Arbor and the Native Americans that once lived in Michigan. And, I hope you eat nothing but Indian food and drive a car by Tata Motors, and what the fuck are you even doing here in our country appropriating our American-ness?

Choke on a bag of rhino dicks you worthless excuse for a human. Truly go fuck off and die and make the world a better place.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

“Especially during this time when the underbelly of capitalism — white supremacy, cisheteropatriarchy, and xenophobia – is being exposed, it is imperative that everyone, especially those who have access to spiritual practices like yoga, ask difficult questions of ourselves and one another,” the two concluded. “We must ask, in what ways are we complicit in a system that harms people of color, queer and trans people, poor people, people with disabilities, and immigrants?”

Hahahhahahahahaha!

No.

Bugger off, y'loon.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Prior to this, I had zero interest in yoga.

Now, I may reconsider.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Europeans invented shoes.

NO ON ELSE GETS TO WEAR SHOES.

Take off your shoes all you non-European cultural appropriaters.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
...so what do yoga pants promote?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Tell 'em to get bent.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I wonder how Indians feel about it.

Push Button, Feathered or Pull Start?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
The two most honest things on Earth, children and yoga pants.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Report This Post